Chapter 16

This chapter is dedicated to all my readers from:
USA,
Nigeria,
South Africa,
Ghana.

If you want your country added, comment here. I'll add it in the next chapter or the following ones.

Kara’s POV

*

           “I’m set.” I announced as I alighted the stairs. The nervousness rolled off me in waves and memories of the last time myself and Stephano went out together surfaced. That night was the night all these began. He had also kissed me. And I’d enjoyed it.

My eyes moved around the lounge to where young master was sitting with his phone in hand and he was dressed in shiny white Polo with Nike logo at the breast and deep black jeans.

Without even thinking, I felt myself giving him a nod of approval because he looked even better this way. He was wearing black converse boots and I found myself rolling my eyes. Why wear converse again after wearing fitted Italian shoes with socks all day?

His eyes moved from the phone to my direction at the end of the stairs and we locked eyes. He just stared. No one said anything as I made my way down and I fought my now mushy brain, so as to pull my gaze from his— something I succeeded miserably in.

“My my, you’re really set.” Paul commented and this was a wake-up call because I immediately averted my gaze and gave Paul a shy smile. To say we clicked the instance I met him at the airport hours ago would be an understatement. He’d pulled me into a hug, saying he had heard a lot about me and thanking me for making life less bearable for his annoying cousin, Adrian.

His words not mine.

It hadn’t even been thirty minutes since I met Paul when I concluded that he was a cool guy. Yes, a bit talkative but nothing I couldn’t handle since I also tended to talk a lot if I was free with someone.

It was a pity I couldn’t say the same for young master and I already knew that this little outing of ours would be awkward.

Stephano kept his phone in his pocket and muttered something under his breath. Paul raised a brow and mouthed ‘you look wow’, to which I bobbed my head at and smiled; something young mas- Stephano's scrutinizing gaze immediately caught. Paul also saw Stephano switching gazes between us.

“You look sexy.” he spoke louder and I giggled. Adrian had hinted him that Stephano liked me, so he was probably trying to ruffle Stephano’s feathers. I was in just palazzo high-waist pants and a black fitted silk top.

I didn’t bother applying makeup but I didn’t forget my red matte. I loved matte lipsticks.

“You look perfect Kara Mia. Let’s go.” Stephano said with a straight face but his tone was almost surprised, as if he couldn’t believe he was complimenting me. As if he’d never done something like that and I didn’t want to react to it. But he just called me perfecto.

With his hand snaking around my waist in an unneeded way, he led me towards the entrance but I halted for a second so Paul would catch up. My body was totally responsive as my back immediately felt the warmness of his touch, making tingles spread through me.

“You have such a nice home, Mr. Alfonsi. I love the paintings especially.”

“Thank you Paul, those paintings were gotten from the National Museum two years ago. I love paintings that deal with so much expression.” Stephano explained without turning around to face Paul.

Guilt flooded through me and I gave Paul an apologetic smile but I was glad he had at least made effort to talk a little on the paintings. I knew he liked them because there were two ancient portraits in his own bedroom.