Chapter 26

If you're into fantasy, I started a book for Kara and Stephano in an alternate universe. The world of witches, werewolves and other supernatural being. It's titled 'The witch and the phoenix of Lomani.' Please check it out 😍❤️

Kara’s POV

*

          “Kara...babe...”

“Kara!”

“Uh?” I snapped out of my daze and blinked twice, licking my suddenly dry lips as my heart thumped wildly like dangerous predator trashing against its prey.

Adrian was now standing before me, obstructing my view with a permanent scowl plastered on her face. When or how she’d moved over, I had no idea.

The tip of my tongue darted over my lips again.

“I’ve been calling you for the past ten seconds.” She snapped, pinning me down with her suspicious gaze. One hand was on her waist. Yep, dramatic much.

The sides of my lips stretched into a smile but hell itself knew it was all pretense. “Sorry, I zoned out for a moment. Where’s-” I made to ask as I looked over to the spot Barbara was standing few seconds ago.

“The lover girl?” She wiggled her brows and my pretend smile stretched even further.

I stylishly craned my neck to the far corner where I’d seen the two hugging just now as I turned right but Stephano was no longer there. “She left already with her hunk of a boyfriend.”

Something dropped into the pit of my belly when I didn’t see the both of them there any longer. I couldn’t get the image of the woman’s smiling face out of my head.

Adrian observed me with a frown but shook it off, shrugging. She expected me to be giddy as she was, and I totally understood that. It wasn’t like I was not pleased with what happened with Barbara, sure I was, but at the moment I knew she was happy with her lover boy and it was time for me to worry about myself.

“Uh…Let’s enjoy, shall we?” I giggled nervously as I noticed the twinkle in Adrian’s eyes, her head bobbing repeatedly to the faint sound of the country music coming from the floor below. I took her cup and helped myself, taking a large gulp and grimacing at the taste while the drink skid down and burned my tongue.

I knew I would have to do something to get these thoughts out of my head.

Dance the night away, probably.

“So…” She looked down to the shot waiting to travel down her throat before gulping it down and pouring herself more.

“Let’s go shake some booty.” I wiggled my brows, intentionally ignoring what I had just saw her doing.

“Your drink?”

“Uh...order anythi- no. I’ll just dance for now. I think the shot I took from your cup is enough.” I told her truthfully. I didn’t trust Adrian to not order something that would make me ‘loosen up’ and my thoughts were confirmed when a sly smirk crept onto her face deceptively.

She had been trying to make me drink since forever and it wasn’t like I had never taken one in my life.

The last time I loosened up to really drink, it had been so embarrassing. That was when my dad was still alive because I remember him waking my hung over younger self up from ‘Stephano’s’ bed. Stephano’s freaking bed!

Stephano the young master!

That was obviously one of the most embarrassing days of my life! I couldn’t imagine waking next to a peacefully sleeping Stephano who would resume his glaring the moment he laid his eyes on me.