Chapter 70

Kara’s POV

*

             “Kara Alfonsi on the line.” I answered animatedly like I was used to, dabbing my free hand over my skirt to get off the invincible dust. I loved my office and I loved my work and luckily for me, Stephano had left the interior decoration of my office for me to do whatever I wanted with it, something about me pleasing him by accepting to work for him.

My office was just a similar theme to what he had done for mine and Stephano’s bedroom. But instead of it being hot red and white like our bedroom, the theme for my office was baby pink and cream. There was a glass table sitting right in front of my swivel chair. Documents were stacked neatly in a wooden document holder on one side, just the usually classic office setting. I had a calendar and other office necessities like stapler, pen holders and my laptop on my table too. On one side, a large shelf held documents important to the company while on the other side, it was pure glass wall behind me. I could get an amazing view of the beautiful city.

There was a spare room just after the rest room, in case I wanted to spend the night working, which Stephano always objected to. Still, whenever I had to wait for him to finish with a late business meeting, I would make myself comfortable in the furnished room till we were set to go home.

We rarely left the office separately. Even though we already celebrated our wedding anniversary a month and two weeks ago, which was on September fourteenth, Stephano and I were still never apart for too long. We did so many things together, it was beautiful to behold. He sometimes went to the supermarket with me and we had grown stronger as we spent time together.

He cleared his throat, snapping me back to the present. “I need you in my office, Mrs. wife.”

I chuckled. “Mr. husband, behave. We’re at work.” I said in a stern voice, earning a groan from him.

“Come in right now with all the Miltie project files with you.” Stephano finally ordered on the other line and the call dropped. I picked them quickly and prepared to take them with me to his office. There was no need to knock before entering, because he was alone at the moment.

“Hello Dory.”

“Mrs. Alfonsi.” She smiled and went back to her work.

I had thought I would sit on the desk opposite Stephano’s office or with him in his office when I started working because I’d first agreed to be his personal assistant, along with Andre but that would be a waste of my own academic intelligence in my area of expertise, hence I was now working in the Alfonsi Company as an Economic Consultant.

Stephano didn’t object to it when I applied formally even though he’d intended to send me an offer of application. We both knew I wouldn’t have listened had he objected. I had my own office and Dory, the lady interning in the company was the one at the desk, attending to the visitors. His previous receptionist had been transferred to another branch of the company after she got married. The job transfer and instant promotion was a wedding gift from the company.

I shut the door with a soft click.

“Did you speak to Mr. Henson about the finance proposal?” He asked.

I nodded and dropped the Miltie project files he demanded in the file holder box which was on his glass table, making sure he saw me drop it.

“Yes I did. His assistant will get back to Andre this noon.”

“What about Mrs. Hanyufan? I’m expecting a mail from her.”

“I called the affiliated company in China and they are currently working on the result.”