Chapter 56

Kara’s POV

           “Okay, let me get this straight.” Adrian eyed me with large eyes.

I nodded.

“You demanded breakup from your boyfriend, all because of fuckin Gonzalo— the same one that put him in psychiatric hospital for months?”

Jeez. She made me sound so horrible all of a sudden. I nodded and bit my lower lip. “Yes but-”

“You broke up with Stephano Alfonsi, the love of your life and the only one that ever puts up with your dumbness without making a single objection?”

“Don’t put it that way and I’m not dumb.” I snapped.

“Oh please shut it Kara. All he has ever done was in your own interest. Gosh, I feel like smacking your head upside-down right now. Can you just stop being so stupid already? It’s getting on my last fucking nerves here.”

My throat went tight. “Will you stop it with the verbal assaults?”

“No. Fuck, no I won’t.”

I huffed and got off the bed, quickly dashing for our kitchen. There was nothing for me to do here, so I merely stared into nothingness as I thought about my life. Adrian stomped into the kitchen, dropping my phone on the counter I was resting on.

“You better call him and apologize. Better still, go get some garters to seduce the hell out of him when you visit his office then after a mind blowing blowjob, you’ll swear an oath on your life to talk with your right senses for the rest of your fucking life.”

My eyes watered at her words. Truly, I’d not even thought about last night and my actions but with her calling me out this way, it sounded really bad. Okay, I shouldn’t have told Stephano I was breaking up with him but was it that bad?

“I’m waiting. Pick up the damn phone.” Adrian was tapping her foot impatiently, her eyes narrowed into slits at me.

“Geez chill the heck out.”

She hissed and grabbed the phone before I could. Dialing his number, she put it on speaker. He picked after the second ring. “Yes?”

My heart sank. No ‘yes love’ or ‘yes babe’. “Hey.”

“You called.”

A disgruntled sound escaped my throat. “Y-yes. I wanted to apologize.”

I looked up at Adrian but she had her hands crossed over her chest and was still tapping her foot impatiently.

“For what?” Stephano asked and my breath hitched.

“What do you mean by for wha-” I controlled myself so I wouldn’t say anything impulsive again. “I mean, I’m sorry for my behavior last night. It was totally out of line.”

“Yes it was. You ended things.”

“I know. I didn’t thin-”

“I’m busy now Kara, I’m at work.” Then the beeping sound floated through my ears. I stared at my phone in shock, Stephano actually hung up on me.