Chapter 14

Please click on the star button below your screen and share your thoughts through comments. I love reading them!:-) :-) :-)

Kara’s POV

*

            I took a sharp inhale as I waited calmly for the call to be received. It rang several times and the automated woman spoke, ‘the person you’re calling is not available,’ eliciting a deep groan from me as I ended the call. I tried it again and like the first time, I waited patiently but she still wasn’t picking.

Then I tried it the third time. Adrian groaned immediately she picked my call. “Kara, why exactly are yo-”

“Emergency, Adrian. There’s an emergency.” I announced, pulling the covers further over my chest. I bit on my lips and released a shaky breath. Adrian scoffed and could already picture her doing an eye roll. It had not been more than twenty minutes since I woke up but the reality of my current situation seemed to have just dawned.

Young master asked me out and we were now ‘fake dating.’ Then he also wanted me to start calling him Stephano because we were now supposedly going to be more civil with each other.

“Uh...what’s up? I knew you’d call me this afternoon and not morning but what made you change your mind?” Adrian asked me, her voice groggy from her disturbed sleep. I drummed my left fingers on my lips. What if she didn’t understand the gravity of the situation when I told her?

Oh, now I began freaking out. It was better I called her and watched her expression because she would probably mirror mine. If she didn’t, then I would have to start conducting interviews because I needed a new friend as soon as possible.

“I need to see you! I’m calling.” I ended the call quickly and called her on Skype. Thankfully, she instantly picked it this time.

“You didn’t even give me time to dress properly. What’s up with that?” She screamed but when she saw my serious expression, she frowned. “So... what’s up?” I knelt on the bed and whipped a stray tendril of my hair out of my face, tucking it into my bonnet.

“You won’t believe what I’m about to tell you but honestly, young master has been acting weird for the past few days. Yesterday was the worst.”

“What did you do?” She asked with a hardened gaze as if I was the one who caused him to act so weird, “What happened and have you taken him to the hospital? Is he down with the flu or is-”

“Girl, shut up. Let me explain okay?” I interjected quickly.

She huffed. “Whatever.”

“You won’t believe what happened yesterday.”

“Apart from you going out and promising to tell me after...let me guess.” She sported on her serious look which only made her look dumber than she already was. “You want to tell me that he tried to throttle you in your sleep and you’ll expect me to believe it. You lying swine.” She completed suspiciously, mumbling the last two words which only earned her a glare from me.

I wouldn’t blame her. Anyone who saw the young master would take him to be a respectable and reserved man while I on the other hand would obviously be taken for the liar between the both of us if I dared accuse him. Even mama thought I exaggerated because he never directed me those glares whenever she was in sight.

“He asked me out.” She looked at me suspiciously, squinting in the process and then all of a sudden, Adrian burst into a fit of cackles. Taking me aback, I gritted my teeth in irritation.

“You’re not serious. Yo- you probably had too much wine to drink at that event or whatever it was that you went. Oh my goodness Kara...” She cackled some more and threw her head backwards, heaving a contented sigh as if she just got some funny joke.