Chapter 24

This chapter is dedicated to all my readers in Denmark, Ireland, kedin and Germany. Stephano and Kara are going places.

Kara’s POV

*

            “Would you like any other thing Sirs?”

“Thank you Drew. That should be all for now.” Stephano replied the grey haired man with fondness in his tone. 

The man left us to settle with our orders and got on with his meeting.

There were five men at the table with me— Stephano, two British men and two other men from Stephano’s company. One of those other men from his company was his office assistant, Andre.

He had been to our place a couple of times before to run errands for Stephano. The meeting started barely a few minutes ago but Stephano hadn’t stopped glancing at his watch, as if he couldn’t wait to be out of here. 

I had spoken very little even though Stephano had introduced me as his girlfriend to his business partners and he had even gone as far as pecking me on the forehead in front of them all.

“It’s been three years since the black Shauna was established.” One of the British men commented. They were both in ash colored tailored suits, with the same brand of suits and briefcases.

“Yes, he is going places, though I would appreciate it if he reduced it with the press issues. He’s attracting too much attention already.” Stephano replied him.

The other man from his company made mention of some machines that needed to be exported and some ideas that were to be built, which Andre jotted down. Stephano told the men that they would have to draw a better plan and make the proposal before anything could be done.

“I would like us to reschedule this meeting. So the last investor can be present.” One of the British men said after a while.

Not knowing what to do apart from tending to my coffee and munching on my Panelle, I had resorted to checking my notifications on my social media apps while partially listening to their conversations. I noticed my followers had increased over these past few weeks.

After checking my notifications on Instagram and Twitter, boredom was beginning to prick at my skin. I wondered if I should change my username on Instagram from karawilson003 to something else but decided to leave it as it was.

“That won’t be necessary becau-” the other man from Stephano’s office was saying but he was cut short by Stephano.

“Yes, the meeting is already being recorded and also, the details would be sent to him in documented form.” Stephano concluded for the man, a look I wasn’t all too familiar with resting on his face.

I furrowed my brows, wondering why he had been so tense since the meeting commenced but shrugged.

While the men held their meeting, I basked in the comfort of the chocolate drink, to partially subdue my boredom as I ate it and relished in the goodness.

“Regardless...” The other British man trailed off. I kept staring at his pale skin, wondering if Stephano’s presence or what they were discussing at this meeting was what made him uncomfortable or that was just his natural complexion.