12.*

*contains graphic sexual content

SCARLETT

"I can't believe you convinced me to do this..." I sigh, once we get inside the gym. Celine just giggles and shrugs her shoulders.

"C'mon, it'll be fun!" She leaves her bag on the floor and I do the same, taking a sip of water from my bottle before leaving my bag there.

"Yeah, boxing really sounds like a lot of fun!" I ironically say, while she puts on her boxing gloves. I didn't feel like coming but she had insisted so much that I eventually gave in.

"It's therapeutic!" She tells me when she starts throwing punches to the punching bag of the gym. I decide to get up and go hold it for her. At least it means I don't have to throw any punches. "And it's useful for self-defense." She adds.

"A gun would be very therapeutic to me." She rolls her eyes, amused at my answer.

"We're not in America, honey. We have very strict laws here about guns." I laugh at her words, nodding my head. "I'm afraid you'll have to settle for boxing here."

"Whatever..." I roll my eyes amused.

"I called a trainer for you, since I'm assuming that's your first time." She tells me when she stops for a minute to take a sip of water. I snort, regretting immediately the decision of coming here with her. I would've preferred just holding the punching bag. "You need to know the techniques, it's not just about throwing punches." She says in her defense when she notices my annoyance. I decide to give in again and just try to do what she asks me. Maybe it can really be helpful, after all.

The lesson doesn't go too bad. After throwing the first punches I pretty much understand what my mother meant when she said it's therapeutic. If I had to throw a punch for every problem or every wrong thing in my life then I'd throw punches for the rest of my life, but it definitely helps a bit. It helps disconnecting your mind and to take out a lot of repressed anger. This is definitely the best part.

"I have a surprise for you!" Celine tells me while we walk down the garden of her house, once we go back home. I look at her confused, with my eyebrows furrowed, while I wait for her to go on. When we get near to the door, I recognize the person in front of it and I immediately understand what this surprise is. "I invited him!" She says, with a proud smile. We're definitely already too near to him to complain to her about her stupid decision, for him not to hear it, so I force myself to keep my mouth shut and play nice.

"Connor!" I force myself to smile when he turns toward me, with a smile on his lips too. "Nice to see you again!"

"Hi, Scarlett..." He tells me and then he greets my mother too. Once we go inside, my mom quickly disappears with a stupid excuse, leaving the two of us alone.

"Come..." I tell him, starting walking toward the living room. "Do you want something to drink or to eat?" I ask, out of politeness.

"No, I'm fine! Thank you." He tells me with a smile, sitting down on my couch and I do the same, sitting down on the opposite side.

"A lot of things have changed, I've seen..." He cheerfully says, moving his stare around.

"Yeah... definitely." I nod my head, taking a deep breath. "But to you too. You're a federal agent now." I try to change subject as soon as possible. This time, he's the one nodding his head.

"And I have to tell you... I really couldn't wait for a break." We both giggle at his words.

"And you chose exactly Paris... is there a reason?" I ask, trying to have a normal conversation with me, that doesn't involve my major life changes.