14.

SCARLETT

The only words I had been able to mumble to my father, shaken by tears, were that I wanted to go home. I couldn't bear being in the same room as Harry one second more, I couldn't even look at him. He had ruined everything. Completely everything.

"Hey, calm down..." My father rubs my back, once we get back to my room. I'm still shaken up and I keep sobbing, unable to hold back my tears. I don't really know exactly what's the one thing that has hurt me the most; if the fact that he broke my trust, by cheating on me or the fact that he's stopped having feelings for me a long time ago. "Do you wanna tell me what happened?" He asks me and I force myself to dry up my cheeks.

"It's over, dad... it's all over." I whisper, bringing my hand to my mouth to suffocate the sob that threatens to escape again. I wrap my arms around him and rest my head on his chest.

"It's over what?" He asks with his eyebrows furrowed.

"With Harry... he's cheated on me before I disappeared." I chuckle, thinking about it again. My father was probably thinking it had to do with the guy that tried to assault me outside Celine's office... he surely wasn't expecting this. "You know what's funny?!" I say. "I hated him, I lost my damn mind because I thought he was cheating on me. After everything I had forgiven him and after that he told me he had never cheated, just to find out now that he actually has." My father looks perplexed, probably not really knowing what to say right now. He was expecting to talk about something else.

"I'm sorry about it, honey..." He sighs, caressing my head. "Maybe it's the right moment to just kick him out of your life, once and for all." I know he's right, that's exactly what I should do and maybe that's the most difficult part of them all. Maybe that's what hurts me the most. It doesn't matter how much time goes by, for some reason I can't seem to find the strength in me to let him go.

"I thought he still loved me..." I shrug my shoulders and giggle to myself. I take off my flats, before laying down on my bed, wishing to sleep for at least hundred years right now. "And instead he stopped a long time ago." I sigh at the realization.

"He doesn't deserve you." He tells me, taking my hand in his.

"No, he's every right, actually." I chuckle. "I was out of my mind back then and I did the most horrible things to him. Now I have to live with the consequences."

"You weren't ok and he hasn't helped you at all. That's on him too!" My father tells me, showing me his determination in his tone of voice and how much he believes in whatever he's saying. To show me that he's not saying it just to make me feel better, or because he's my father. Before I can say anything at all, the ringtone of his phone warns him that he's got a new text. He goes silent while checking it and glances at the screen of his phone for more than a second, before locking it again and putting it back in his pocket.

"Who's that?" I ask when I notice his weird behavior.

"Just my team. I need to go check something." He stands up and weakly smiles at me. For some reason, he seems strangely weird but I don't question him any further on it. I'm not sure I want to know just yet.

HARRY

I wasn't expecting him to come here this quickly, or to come at all, after what I imagine his daughter has told him. When I open the door of my hotel room, by the way,y he looks at me, I can tell for sure that he knows. I let him in, without saying a word and I close the door behind us.

"No punch in the face?" I try to light up the mood but he just turns toward me and glares at me.

"Trust me, I would've punched in the face way before this if I could." He tells me. I don't know if I should take it as a threat or as a joke to my joke. "But I should thank you for making my daughter hate you so easily." He chuckles. "I don't know why you're doing this but thank you indeed." I furrow my eyebrows at his words. I'm not sure I understand what he's trying to say.