35.*

Thank you for 3k readings <333

SCARLETT

Harry hadn't woken me up. When I open my eyes, he isn't next to me anymore, but I can hear noises coming from the kitchen, which makes me understand that he's still here for sure.

I get up from the bed and I wrap myself in my silk robe. When I arrive in the kitchen, he's pouring himself a cup of coffee. I walk toward him on my tiptoes and once I'm right behind him, I wrap my arms around his waist and leave a kiss on his neck.

He tenses up at first but when he understands that it's just me, he turns his face toward me and meets my lips with his.

"What are you doing already up?" He asks, with a smile on his lips. I shrug my shoulders and he brings his cup to his lips to take a sip.

"I don't know... I guess I have slept enough." He smiles at me and then wraps his arms around my waist to draw me against his chest. I wrap my arms around his neck and our lips quickly meet. The weight of his body makes me draw back until my back hits the hem of the counter. Our kiss gets deeper, with our tongues intertwining and playing with each other, but we take our time. His hands wander on my body, behind the fabric of my robe, and my hands stay on his shoulders. I have to remind myself more than once that I have to keep them off of his hair, since he's already ready to leave.

He smiles against my lips when I hold him tighter to me, but we're soon enough interrupted by the ringtone of his phone. He sighs, rolling his eyes, but still backing away from me to answer his phone. Once he's managed to take it from his pocket I wrap my arms around his waist again and rest my head on his chest.

"Jen, what's up?" When I hear her name, or better, nickname, his phone call immediately captures my attention. I can hear her saying something about a case, but it's not too clear. Harry, while he talks to her, keeps absently playing with my hair falling down on my back.

"They should be in my office... yeah." I hear him sighing and then he rubs his temple. "I'm sure I left them there, but yeah, I can check if they're here." He says back to her. "Yeah, I'm coming... I'll see you there." He hangs up the phone and puts it back in his pocket.

"What's wrong?" I ask him right away.

"Nothing, she couldn't find some files..." he shrugs his shoulders and then walks toward his office, probably, to check if the files are there. I must admit that the nickname annoyed me, but they have been exclusively talking about work stuff and he didn't seem nervous about talking to her with me this near to him. Maybe Conrad has exaggerated as usual.

When he comes back to the living room, it seems like he hasn't found them. He walks toward me and kisses my lips.

"I'll let you know when I come back, yeah?" I nod my head and kiss his lips again, before letting him go. "I love you!"

"Love you too..." I smile against his lips and then I watch him walking toward the door to leave.

I spend the rest of the morning having breakfast, taking a shower and getting ready. I had told Celine that I would meet her to go start looking for some new furnishings in the city. She was so enthusiastic about the idea of going furnishings shopping.

When I finally meet her, we spend the whole afternoon going around various shops in town. We only stop to have lunch and then we start hunting all over again. My mom's taste is pretty different from mine. While I go more on vintage, she goes on absolute luxury. I guess we could find a middle.

Before we can leave and go back to Quantico, she asks me to stop at her bank to check something that has to do with her business. Why she goes in to talk, I wait outside of the office for her. While I look for something on my phone to keep myself busy with, I immediately recognize the silhouette in the corridor, walking toward me. When I raise my stare, Harry's traits are immediately familiar to me. I stand up to meet him and when he notices me he gives me a surprised look.