39.

SCARLETT

I had patiently waited for Harry until 10 P.M. He had told me that we would've come back home for dinner, just this morning. A dinner I hadn't made, because I was too mad to do anything at all, but that he had skipped anyway.

No calls, no text messages to warn me. Absolutely nothing. I hadn't tried to contact him either, considering how mad I am — even more now.

I had gotten into bed at 10 P.M. but I couldn't seem to find a way to fall asleep at all, so when I hear the door opening and closing from downstairs, I automatically check the clock on the bedside table to see for how long I've been laying here motionless. It's past 11 P.M.

He comes in our bedroom after a few minutes, he doesn't even look at me, to check if I'm actually sleeping. He keeps his stare low, takes his jacket off and violently throws it on the couch, not too distant from our bed. While he unbuttons his shirt, his back faces me.

"You know who came to visit today?!" I sit down on the bed, with my back against the headboard and my arms crossed over my chest. He slowly turns toward me, not looking too surprised by the fact that I'm still awake. He looks at me, not even trying to answer, just waiting for me to tell him. "Jason." I say. He bitterly chuckles and throws the tie between his hand on the couch, with his jacket, with even more aggression this time.

"I don't think I need to tell you what he told me, you can already imagine, right?!" He sure can, from his reaction. He snorts and then frustratedly passes his hand all over his face. He then proceeds to pull his shirt out of his pants and remove it from his body. He doesn't say anything, he just keeps undressing with the same nervousness and frustration.

"Are you gonna say anything at all?!" I raise my voice at him, pushing the blanket off of my legs and getting out of bed. I walk toward him and he glances at me, pushing his quiff of curls away from his forehead.

"What do you want me to say?!"

"Why the hell you didn't tell me about wanting to move to New York to work for the counterterrorism." I raise my hands in the hair and I can tell that I'm looking at him as if he's acting completely crazy.

"Because I don't want to move to New York and I don't want to work for the counterterrorism. As simple as that." He turns around, not letting me answering to him, and he just starts walking toward his side of the bed.

"Yeah and I'm pretty sure that everyone thinks that it's because of me, when you didn't even tell me about it." I keep raising my voice, bothered by how he's dismissing the whole argument just like that. "We could've at least discussed it."

"Jesus Christ, I'm not in the mood to deal with you right now, alright?!" He screams at me, turning toward me to face me while he yells those words at me. His stare on me is strong, I can tell he's mad, but this doesn't justify how rude he's being, for no reason at all. I should be the mad one, not him.

"I haven't seen you for five days." I chuckle. "Five." I repeat again, putting emphasis on the word. "And now you dare to tell me that you're not in the mood to deal with me?!" I furrow my eyebrows while I look at him. "Do you want me to stay in the closet until you'll feel like taking me out to play with me again?!" He snorts again at my words and he brings his hand on his forehead to massage it.

"What do you want to talk about?!" He raises his voice. "I thought about moving to New York and then I changed my mind. I had nothing to discuss with you because I didn't stay for you. It was on me, you had no say in it." I can tell that he's trying to end it as fast as he can but the fact is that he's probably used me as a reason to stay when he hasn't even talked to me about it. If he had told me, I would've moved to New York with him and that's exactly why he hasn't. "And I'd really appreciate coming back home, after a rough day at work, without having you freak out over every imaginary problem you have." He adds, when I stay silent. I can't believe he's really said that.