33.

SCARLETT

I had asked Harry to let me talk to Andres. Clearly, I'm the problem between the two of them, so maybe I can fix it and understand whatever happened with him, since all of sudden he doesn't like me anymore. Harry wasn't that keen on the idea, probably scared that he would tell me a bunch of mean stuff again, but I had reassured him and told him I really wanted to do this.

So, before getting into his room, I knock on the door. When I slowly open it, he's taking his toys out of his drawer, one by one, and throwing them to the ground. He looks up at me, with his frowning eyebrows and then he goes back to focus on his toys.

I close the door behind me and I sit down on the floor, not too far away from him, but still leaving him the space he needs. He walks toward the bed and takes another toy from there. When he walks toward me and hands it to me I recognize it as the Anakin action figure he took from Poe's room.

"Here!" He tells me, when I don't take it from him. "Take it back! I know you're mad at me." He keeps his eyebrows frowned and uses a hard tone.

"You can still keep it and I'm not mad at you." He walks back to his pile of toys on the ground and throws the Anakin action figure with them.

"What are you doing?" I try to ask him.

"I'm throwing away all those toys... I don't want them anymore." He keeps emptying his drawer, throwing some to the bigger pile on the floor and putting the ones he wants to keep in a smaller pile on the desk.

"Why? They look very cool!" I say, hugging my knees to my chest while I look at him.

"Those are from Harry and those are from other people." He says, pointing at the bigger pile first and then to the smaller one. Obviously, he's mad at his dad and in his head, calling him by his name and getting rid of the toys he's gotten him, is probably a way to show it to him and to others.

"I'm not trying to take your mom's place, Andres..." I decide to get straight to the point. He stops for a second and turns to look at me, before going back to his decluttering activity.

"No, but you stole my dad from me."

"That's how you feel?" I ask him, trying to understand and he nods his head. It hurts me seeing him like that and knowing that he feels this way about me. "I could never steal him from you... he's your father. You'll always be your son, that's an unbreakable bond." He lowers his stare and seems to think about it for a few seconds.

"What if you have a kid together? He's gonna care about him more than me and he's actually gonna live with him, both of his parents." I have to bite my lips at his words, trying to ignore the painful knot in my stomach, thinking about a possibility that is never going to be a reality for me.

"I don't think that's gonna happen..." I quietly shake my head and try to put on a smile.

"It doesn't matter, he still doesn't care about me and he loves you more than me." He shrugs his shoulders, obviously trying to hide his bitterness and sadness.

"Are you kidding?! He loves you!" I determinedly nod my head. "He talks about you all the time... he loves you and cares so much for you." Andres turns toward me again and he doesn't seem like he believes my words.

"If he cared, he would've shown up to the Career Day at my school as he had promised me." I slightly part my lips, not really knowing how to answer to that. Harry didn't talk me about this at all, probably because he's forgotten about it. "He was the only one that didn't show up!" He raises his voice. "I have the dad with the coolest job and yet I had to sit there and listen to the others stupid dad's and their stupid, boring jobs." He takes another toy from the drawer and throws it to the ground with more strength. This is probably the reason why he's been so mad at him in the first place and he must've thought that his father had chosen me over him, now that I practically live with him.