37.*

HARRY

I had never hoped or knew I wanted something like that in my life, when I was younger. When I first met Scarlett, started to know her, I knew some things were changing, the way I used to look at life was changing, and I was scared. And in denial, at first. I didn't want what she was offering, what life was offering, I just wanted to live life like I had always known it.

During these four years apart, I had a lot of thinking. The first time I realized I wanted to spend my life with her was in China and since I first decided I was going to propose I've always known how to do it. I had taken a while to choose the perfect ring, to find a way to steal one of her rings to get the exact size of her finger, without giving her any suspects, and from the look on her face, I'd say it worked perfectly.

Before this, I had talked to Aaron. To hear what he had to tell me about it and what he thought. I can't lie and say that I wasn't nervous about his opinion, but I had been pleasantly surprised in hearing that if that's how I feel I should go for it. And that's exactly what I had done.

"You want to marry me?!" She asks me as the first thing, taking a few steps toward me. That's not really what I was expecting her to say, but I'll take it.

"Yes, that's what I'm asking... you don't want to?" I look up at her and she looks immediately taken aback and she shakes her head at me.

"Of course, I want to spend the rest of my life with you!" She stretches her hand to my face and delicately caresses my cheek. I feel my chest definitely lighter at her words.

"So, do you want to become my wife?" I ask her again, taking her hand in mine. She lowers her stare for a second, before nodding her head at me.

"Yes..." She then says and smiles at me. I immediately get up from my knee, just to hold her against me in a hug and then connect our lips with a kiss.

Before getting lost in each other, I separate from her just to get the ring from its box and to put it on her finger. Once I do, she admires her hand with it on for a few seconds.

"So that's where Kim Kardashian's ring ended up, eh?!" She jokes, obviously talking about the size of the diamond.

"Excuse me... the one I chose is way more elegant." She laughs too and then wraps her arms around my neck.

"Why, you've seen Kim Kardashian's engagement ring?!"

"No, I'm just assuming!" I shrug my shoulders and she giggles again. "So, do you like it or not?" I ask her.

"I love it!" She nods her head, taking another glance at her ring. "I'm just worried about the cost of it, considering its dimension."

"Well, my motto is "go big or go home". So I always go big." I tell her with a proud smirk on my lips and she shakes her head at me, unable to hold back her giggles.

"You're one smug bastard, Mr. Styles..." she tells me, brushing the tip of her nose against mine.

"I know, future Mrs. Styles..." her smile immediately grows at my words.

"I like how it sounds..." She whispers against my lips, before connecting our lips together again. The kiss is slow and sensual, none of the two is rushing into it, we're taking the time we know we have.

"Wait..." I stop her when she tries to move further, remembering that we're still tied up together with the thread. I kneel down to free her ankle and then I do the same with hers.

"We can keep it as a memory..." she tells me, taking it from my hands and resting it on the couch, not so far from us.

Once her hands are free again, I stretch my arm toward her and I offer my hand for her to grab, which she does. I draw her body toward mine and I surround her waist with my arm, before linking our lips together again.