24.

SCARLETT

I had left Luc the money he had asked for and I had told him I was going to dinner with my friends. He hadn't cared this time, he was already focusing on tonight's game and I was fine with it.

Before meeting Harry and Poe in Harry's room there was something else I had to do. I had sent Spencer a text, asking him to meet me down the corridor of his room, so that's why I'm pacing back and forth while I wait for him. I didn't want to see him this way, after 4 long years, but it's also a very urgent matter right now.

When I finally see him walking toward me, I immediately open my arms to welcome him in. He hugs me with a huge smile on his face and he rubs my back too.

"How are you? It's been so long..." He tells me, once we let go of each other. I nod my head, knowing perfectly how long it has been.

"Yeah, it feels like an eternity!" I chuckle. "And I'm fine, more or less." I let out an exasperated sigh, thinking again about the reason on why I called him here. "What about you? I heard the fantastic news about you and Cielo!" He nods his head, with a quite proud smile on his lips at the mention of her.

"Yeah, we're very happy..." He smiles. "But is everything alright with you? Your text seemed urgent."

"Yeah, I really didn't want to ask you for a favor on the first time I'm seeing you again after 4 years, but it's quite urgent." The look in his eyes turns serious right away at my words and I know that I have all of his attention now.

"Can you play poker?" He furrows his eyebrows at my question. Maybe he was expecting a different kind of problem.

"I am banned from different casinos around the world for my card-counting ability." He tells me, as if it's the most normal thing in the world. I've stopped being surprised about Spencer's abilities a long time ago so, this time, I don't even ask questions.

"Well, you just have to play at the casino here tonight, for me, please..." I bring my hands together, praying him with both my look and voice. "I have to get back 250 thousand dollars from my boyfriend and give them back to Harry."

"What?!" He looks at me, completely confused by what I want him to do. I'm not surprised, it sounds confusing in my mind too. I had promised Harry that I would give him his money once I had sold the paintings I had left, but the truth is that I don't have any paintings left to sell, at the moment, and to paint new ones, right now, it will take forever. I didn't take too long to come up with this crazy plan to get back, on the same night, all the money Harry gave me. I sigh in frustration, taking my phone from my pocket to show him a picture of Luc.

"You need to win 250 thousand dollars from this guy. Can you do that?" I simplify it for him and by the look on his face I can already tell he has more questions, but he just nods his head, understanding that right now is not the moment to ask them.

"Oh, and by the way, you don't have to keep it a secret from Cielo... she already knows." I wonder if she's told him, but from his face, something tells me that she hasn't.

"Alright... I'll see you tomorrow then, at the dinner, and I'll bring you the money." I nod my head and before letting him walk away I hug him another time. I don't know how to thank him for wasting a whole night playing poker on his own, to win back Harry's money from my idiot of a boyfriend.

When I knock on Harry's hotel room door, he opens it for me and he lets me in, with a smile decorating his rosy lips.

"Hello again." I tell him with a smile. At the memory of what happened last time, I don't try to go in for a kiss, no matter how much I want to. God, I really want to kiss these lips. I've been thinking about that minimum contact of our lips, I've been aching since then to feel them again, to completely devour him. I follow him to his bedroom and my thoughts immediately go chaste again when I see Poe and Andres sat on the bed.