54.

SCARLETT

Mia had only whined a little when she had to leave Harry doing his work. He had promised he would come back soon home and probably also because she feels tired and didn't feel like protest too much. It's time to nap for her.

In the ride back home she already falls asleep between my arms and once we get back to our apartment, I carefully lay her on our bed and get a blanket for the two of us, since I lay down next to her too.

I must admit that I feel quite tired too, so I don't fight it when my eyes start getting heavier, deciding to nap with her for a couple of hours.

"Mommy..." at first I don't realize what's going on. I wake up because of Mia's little hand moving on my face. "Mommy," she repeats again and this time I immediately open my eyes wide, trying to make sure that I'm not still sleeping.

"What did you say?!" I look at her completely shocked and amazed, while she smiles at me, seeming as calm as she always does whenever she wakes up from a nap. "Baby, did you say mommy?" I ask her, sitting down on the bed and getting her on my lap. "Please, my love... say mommy again."

"Mommy..." She whispers again, getting quickly distracted by my hair. It feels impossible to hold my tears back while I look at the ray of sunshine between my arms, that we created, and that is giving me everything I've ever wanted, making me the happiest person alive.

I immediately hold her tight in my arms, lowering my head to leave kisses all over her face. "I love you so much, baby... mommy loves you so, so much!" I sob, tightening her against my chest.

She looks at me with her eyebrows furrowed and her little mouth widened, probably not understanding why I'm crying.

"No!" She says, shaking her head and pouting. "No, mommy!" She wraps her arms around my neck and I hug her back, chuckling at her way of trying to comfort me.

"I'm not sad... I'm actually very happy, baby!" I tell her, stroking her head while she looks at me. "You and daddy make me so insanely happy, my love!" I smile at her, leaving a kiss on her pouted lips.

I quickly dry up my tears and I get up from the bed, letting her on her own feet as soon as I do so. She reaches for my hand and starts to guide me toward the living room, while she murmurs some incomprehensible stuff to me.

"Do you wanna play with your dolls?" I ask her, once she drags me to her bedroom. She immediately points at the stuffed dolls on the shelf, so I get the princesses for her. With my help, she sits on the carpet and so do I right after.

She gets her Rapunzel doll for herself and she handles me Yasmin to play with. From my phone, I put on the songs from the Tangled animated movie and she immediately recognizes them, starting to move the doll at the rhythm of it.

"Do you wanna dance, baby?" I ask her, when I notice the way she moves. I stand up and I help her to do so too. As soon as I start dancing, she tries to do the same. She always used to try to dance in her walker, whenever this music came on.

"Let's make a video for daddy!" I get my phone from the floor and I start filming her as she dances — or tries to — to the song. Once that I get to a minute long video, I send it to Harry.

"You're so good, baby!" I compliment her and she laughs, running toward me and jumping into my arms. She wraps her arms around my neck and he holds me tight.

"I love you a lot!" I tell her, wrapping my arms around her little body and kissing her cheek. The ring of my phone immediately distracts me and captures Mia's attention too.

So jealous. x
Wish I was there!

I read Harry's text with a smile on my face and I open the camera of my phone to take a selfie of me and Mia.