55.

TWO YEARS LATER

SCARLETT

"Mommy..." Mia's excited voice echoes through the corridor. "Mommy!" She calls me again, while I hear her footsteps down the corridor, while she runs toward our bedroom. "Look what dad got me!" I turn toward the door of my walk-in closet, momentarily forgetting about my mission to clean it, and she comes in running. "The bag like yours!" She proudly shows me her own Chanel backpack in leather and I widen my lips.

"Are you kidding me?!" I sigh, shaking my head, not really believing it.

"No, mom... it's right here!" Mia jumps on the spot, waving the bang in front of my eyes. I chuckle, nodding my head at her.

"Yeah, I saw it, baby..." I stroke her head and I smile at her. I really don't want to ruin her excitement over her new fucking Chanel bag. Harry comes in shortly after, with a smile of someone that knows that is about to get into trouble.

"Can I use it for school?" Mia asks me, while she tries to get it on her shoulders. When Harry sees her struggling, he helps her.

"No, Mia, you can't!" I immediately tell her and she furrows her eyebrows, glancing up at me.

"Why?" She huffs.

"Because it's not a backpack appropriated for school!" She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest. "Or for kids, for the matter..." I say, flashing my eyes at Harry.

"Ok, Mia..." Harry sighs, stroking his daughter's head. "Why don't you go see what Andres is doing?" He tells her, to be left alone with me. Mia probably understands it because she huffs again and then leaves our bedroom.

"What's wrong with it?!" He shrugs his shoulders, walking toward me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You can't buy a four years old kid a 3 thousand dollars bag..." I sigh, telling him what should be already obvious. He chuckles and furrows his eyebrows.

"Don't be silly... they don't normally sell Chanel bags for kids... It's a custom-made Chanel, which is more than 3 thousand dollars," he rolls his eyes at me and I have to bite my tongue not to get mad at me, which is probably what he wants. He loves getting on my nerves!

"Harry!" I raise my voice, while he just grins at me. "I'm serious, you can't just make this kind of presents to a kid!" I clarify, trying to make him understand that I'm not kidding right now. He rolls his eyes and sighs.

"What's the problem, Scar?! I work and I can afford this kind of stuff... there's nothing wrong in spoiling my family!" He rubs my back, trying to seriously resonate with me, this time.

"Well, you can't get your daughter used to this kind of stuff when she's only a kid... you can buy her whatever you want when she gets older, not now." By the look on his face, I can tell that he's starting to understand what the problem is. "And it's even dangerous to make her walk around with a don't even how expensive bag!" Whenever he's at work, it happens that I and Mia go out on our own and I don't want to be worried about the bag my daughter is carrying too. At my words his whole body immediately gets tense.

"She's not carrying it around if I'm not there!" He immediately says, turning as serious as possible, this time. Of course he's on the same page as mine now.

"Well, good luck in telling her that!" I roll my eyes, knowing very well that Mia can be quite a challenge when it comes to that. She can be very stubborn sometimes.

She's four years old now and growing up she's become a very fashionista, like her father. She loves picking up her clothes and playing with them. Her new favorite game of the week is pretending to be a fashion designer.