43.

HARRY

I had seen Scarlett getting mad at me so many times before. It isn't something uncommon since I've fucked up so many times before that, but she's always been pretty loud about it, making clear why and when she's mad.

Since we've dropped Andres off and we've gotten home to change for the dinner, she's been extremely silent. She is not talking to me and I must say that I definitely prefer her loudness when she's mad, over her passive aggression.

I don't try to approach her, until I get past my first glass of liquid courage, while I hear her getting ready. I slowly walk toward our bedroom and I lean against the door jamb, watching her while she carefully looks at two navy blue dresses that, to me, look exactly the same but probably couldn't be more different to her.

I can tell, by the way, her expression twists, that she can perceive my presence, but she doesn't say anything at all. After a few more seconds, she throws one of the two dresses on the bed and messily puts the other one back into the luggage. She then walks toward her duffel bag, looking for the perfect pair of shoes. She doesn't take too long and once she's found her pitch black stilettos, she throws them on the floor, right next to the bed and where her dress is.

Once she gets the dress and starts making her way toward the bathroom to get changed, I decide to do my first step. I grab her wrist and I stop her way to the bathroom by stepping in front of her. She doesn't say anything, she just glances up at me, making clear by the look in her eyes, how bothered she is.

"I'm sorry..." I quietly say. Her expression doesn't change at all.

"You already said it." She drily answers, freeing her wrist from my old and trying to surpass me, but I'm quick to step in front of her once again.

"And yet it doesn't seem like you have any intention to accept my apologies."

"You can't expect to make ok every fucking terrible thing you say or do with a "sorry", for once I'd like you to prevent it, instead of trying to fix it once you've already fucked up." I sigh at her words, knowing damn well that she's right. I've always been impulsive and, before, I could've afforded it, because I had no one's feelings to care about, now it's a totally different story and yet it seems like I learned nothing.

"I know, I'm an idiot and I promise that next time, I'll think before speaking but right now I just want you to make it right to you," I sigh again, bringing my hand on her cheek and, for a second, her stare softens while she looks at me. "And I don't know how to make it right if not with some apologies and the promise that it won't happen again... so please, help me." At my words, she sighs and then she lowers her stare.

"Just give me some time..." she whispers, before surpassing me again and making her way to the bathroom. This time, I don't try to stop her.

On the ride toward my sister's house things don't seem to get better. I try to talk to her but what I get are dry responses that make me think that maybe she just wants to be left in peace for a bit of time. I can't blame her, considering how what I told her not too long ago.

When we get there, she seems like the old Scarlett all over again, at least with her brother and my sister. I try not to think about it and worry too much, without wondering if the smiles she puts on for Poe and Lucy are fake or not.

"How have you been, H?" My sister asks me, wrapping her arm around my waist. I surround her shoulders with my arm and I smile down at her, trying my best to look like everything is fine.

"Eh, fine... I can't complain." I shrug my shoulders.

"Dad told me what happened... it must've been horrible," she gives me a sad smile and I slowly nod my head.