47.

HARRY

"I'm so happy you're here!" Andres excitedly says, once I close the door behind us.

I had surprised him by picking him up at school, considering that I really have something important to tell him.

"I'm quite happy too, monkey!" I nod my head, bringing my hand to his hair to mess up his curls.

"Is Scarlett here too?" He asks, taking his backpack off of his shoulders and resting it on the couch.

"Yeah, she's in bed though..."

"This early?" He asks with his eyebrows furrowed, obviously confused since the sun outside is still up.

"Yeah... she's not too well."

"She's sick?" He naively asks.

"Kind of, yeah..." I slowly nod my head again, while he sits down on the couch with me.

"And for how long are you going to stay here?" He rests his head on my shoulder and asks.

"Well, that's exactly what I wanted to talk you about..." I sigh, trying to look for the best way to tell him. "Come here..." I draw him toward me, to make him sit down on my lap and he quickly obliges. "So, do you remember when I told you that Scarlett isn't able to have kids?" He slowly nods his head and furrows his eyebrows.

"Well, sometimes good things happen to people that deserve them, you know?!" I start saying. He slowly nods his head again but the expression on his face just gets more confused and skeptical. "Scarlett has been wanting to have a baby for a long time and right now, she has good possibilities." He widens his eyes but he doesn't say anything at all, he's just waiting for me to go on and probably be more clear on what I'm trying to say. "She's pregnant and if everything goes well, we could have a baby together." I breathe out. "You would have a little brother or sister, Andres..." his expression quickly changes at my words and his confusion is quickly substituted by a disappointment and sadness.

"You're a liar!" He screams at me, getting up from my lap and bringing both of his hand to my chest to give me a push. "You had told me you wouldn't get other kids!"

"Don't act like that, just listen to me, please..." I sigh, trying to calm him down, but he doesn't seem to have any intention to just sit back down and listen. "I can assure you that I have a place in my life and heart for both of you and I'll love you both just the same, monkey." I stretch my arm toward him to caress him, but he's quick to push it away.

"No!" He yells. "You're gonna live with him, you're gonna be with your other baby all the time and you're going to forget about me," he sobs, quickly bringing his hand to his face to hide his tears from me.

"I promise you that I'll spend a lot of time here, honey... we're going to be together all the time for at least two years and I'm going to be there for you every time you call me." He just lets out a sob in response this time, keeping his face hidden from me. I decide to wrap my arms around his little body and draw him toward my chest to hold him in a hug. "There's nothing to cry about... I love you to no end and nothing is ever going to change that." I whisper to his ear, keeping him close to my chest, while I rub his back with my hand.

"That's not true, you're going to love the other baby more than you love me!" He sobs against my chest.

"That's not true, monkey!" I immediately say. "I'll love you both more than anything in the world, I can assure you that." He raises his head to look at me in the eyes. His green eyes are teary and slightly more red.

"Then promise me you will stay in New York forever!" He says with determination, looking at me straight in the eyes. I sigh, knowing very well that I can't promise something like that.