15*

*contains strong sexual contents

SCARLETT

"What was that?" Celine approaches me as soon as Harry is gone. Her hands on her hips and the way she looks at me make me understand that I might be in serious trouble. I have a feeling she talked to my dad about the stalker's real intentions.

"I don't even know... we were talking one moment and kissing the one after." I shrug my shoulders and pass my hands through my hair feeling completely confused and overwhelmed by what has just happened.

"That looked more intense than just a kiss to me." Celine rolls her eyes when she makes me notice that. "He wanted to put way more than just his tongue in you." I gasp at her words, wanting to scold her for her assumptions but I decide against it.

"I thought you liked him." I change the subject as soon as I can.

"Yeah, before I found out he can put you in danger." She sighs.

"I don't care... I won't stop living my life because of this psychopath." I raise my voice. Just the thought of it makes me mad to no end, the way she wants to control my life for her own purposes. I won't let her do it. If she wants to make me pay for who I love and for who I decide to surround myself with then she knows where to find me.

"You're recklessly brave but you have to tell your dad." Celine sighs and crosses her arms over her chest.

"For some reason, that's what scares me the most." I manage to light up the mood and Celine giggles and nods her head.

"Yeah, me too!" She grabs my hand, still amused. "He really doesn't like him, stalker or no stalker."

"I can't really blame him... I made him believe he was a horrible person, that he had killed me... it's difficult to let such a hard feeling go." Celine furrows her eyebrows and looks at me pretty shocked by my words but this is really the story for another day, not right now.

When my father walks in, I feel my heart trembling inside of my chest and my mouth immediately goes dry. I had thought about the exact words to use to tell him, to tell him the truth, but I realize I have forgotten them all now. I have decided that lying is not an option for me anymore, considering what happened next time. Telling the truth is the best thing I can do. I was sure of wanting to be honest when I called him half an hour ago and I still am now, just a little worried about his reaction.

"Everything's alright, honey?" He asks me, sitting down on the couch next to me. He's clearly concerned, even if he's trying to hide it from me. I immediately nod my head to make the concerns busying up his head go away. It must be hard for him not feeling this way after everything that has happened.

"Yeah, I just need to talk to you about something and I already know you're gonna get mad..." I sigh, rubbing my hands together, trying to deal with my nervousness. From the look in his eyes, I immediately understand that he's realized that what I want to talk about is Harry. "I saw him."

"I know..." he nods his head. I automatically part my lips, feeling quite surprised at his revelation. I was already expecting his complaints about my behavior and how risky is what I'm doing. "You didn't think about the possibility of him texting back when you sent the text from my phone." He explains when he realizes my surprise and confusion. His lips curve into an amused smile at my reaction and I immediately feel stupid for my not gone so well plan.

"And why didn't you stop him?" I ask him. I know he doesn't like Harry and he had the chance to keep him away from me and yet he decided to let things go as I had planned.

"Because you're an adult and the last time I tried to stop you from doing something, or seeing someone, didn't end up so well." He shrugs his shoulders and smiles at me. "And because I trust you. I trust your judgment and you're right; I've always told you that you can't live your life in fear. You can't let her have the power on how you decide to live your life." My first instinct is to lean toward him to hug him. My chest hadn't felt this full in a long time. I couldn't be happier to hear these words coming out of his mouth.