Chapter 2

Min You Rah POV

Brightness filled my sight as a smile spread over my face. Today was the day I would audition for Big Hit.  I jump out of bed and decide to put my hair up into a high ponytail. I wear a pair of black ripped jeans and wear a baggy white shirt which had the word EXTRA written on it in black. I don't apply makeup as I am not too fond of it, plus on top of that I think that my skin is doing fine. Although I do apply a lip balm to moisturise my lips, bu that is about it. 

I run to the kitchen before preparing an avocado spread that I spread on my toast and devour within minutes. I check my phone to see the time 9:18 am. the tryouts were at 11 am and they were about a 45 minute drive from my place. I had my license so I would drive there when the time came. I decided to stretch as I probably wouldn't get time to stretch there. Then I warmed up my voice and decided to put my phone on charging. 

I was quite nervous, but the time read 10:08 so I decided to head to the car and start driving earlier do I would have time to park and run upstairs. I drive while playing some songs and sing in the car to help my voice. I had my bag with me which had some feminine products, my phone,  a water bottle, my keys and my wallet, as well as some gum. The guitar was in the back seat as it was too big to fit onto the seat next to me.The drive had seemed to have passed quite easily. I had found a parking space right outside the building and had arrived at the place at 10:53. 

I walk upstairs and I am greeted by a lady who is behind the counter who flashes me a smile before asking me my name.

"Hi welcome to Big Hit Entertainment's building, I am assuming you are here for the tryouts?"

"Oh um, yes I am here for the tryouts."

"May I please get your name?"

"It's Min You Rah."

"Thank you, you are number 156. Take the elevator and walk straight, turn left and then take a right and you'll be right there." She says before handing me a sticker with the number 156 on it.

"Thank you." I smile before heading to the elevator and arriving in a room full of boys and girls. 

The website had mentioned that in the first round 20 people would be selected to move into the next round. Then 10 people would be selected to be put into the last round, and from there on, however many people they think deserve to be put in as a trainee would be accepted. I felt many gazes set on me as I sit down on a chair and peel the sticker before placing it on my shirt. 

I feel a buzz from my phone as I see it is from the one and only, Yuri. 

Beans: Hey are you there yet?

Me: Yeah I am in the waiting room. Number 156.

Beans: Ah I see. I wish you good luck You Rah.

Me: Thank you! Hopefully I succeed.

Beans: Oh hun trust me you will. 

Me: You always know how to make my day:)

Beans: That's what friends do. Duh?!

Me: Lol okay.

Beans: Don't lol ok me! Anyways good luck again. Tell me how you go!

Me: Of course. Who do you take me for!

Beans: Jeez okay. Byeeeeee.

Me: Bye. 

I switch my phone off to see a tall man call out number 58. I checked my phone. It was already 12:24. I sighed as I waited for my turn, slowly the nerves getting the better of me. I breathe in and out when the door creaks open once again.

"Number 156!" I shift my gaze to the man as I stand up and smile, which he returns. 

I follow him as he leads me through a hallway to another door near the end. I open the door and see PD-Nim seated with three other men at a joint desk. I nervously muster a smile which they also return before heading in to the centre of the dance room. 

"Hi Miss You Rah. How are we today?" PD-Nim speaks up.

"Hello. I am doing well. Thank you for asking. How are you doing?"

"I am also doing well. Now, what are you performing for your dance and what may you be singing?"

"I have created a mashup which I will be dancing to and I am singing to Best of Me by BTS. " 

"Sounds good. Whenever you're ready." He says as I nod.

I head towards the speaker while slowly breathing in and out. I connect my phone with the wire and usher the man who escorted me to press the play button. As the song starts I move to the beat while out of the corner of my eyes I see the judges eyebrows raised. As the song changes from Not Today to Bboom Bboom I switch my pose and continue to dance until the song is changed to Ko Ko Bop. Whistle by Blackpink followed and I ended with Bapesae by BTS. 

I finished in my ending pose and the judges applaud as I am slowly panting.

"That was fantastic Miss You Rah. Now you may continue and sing your song."

I smile and nod as I hear the karaoke version of Best of Me play. I quickly gesture for the music to stop as the judges looked at me  confused.

" I forgot to mention that I will play my song on the guitar." I say before bringing my guitar out. 

They nod as I strum and sing the song. I slowly realised myself being too involved in the song and before I knew it, it was over. The judges looked at me and smiled before they applauded again. 

"Thank you Miss You Rah, results will be out in an hour as we still have about 50 people to go. Good luck!"

"Thank you." I smile as I walk out and sigh. Hopefully I make it in, was what I repeated. As he said we had an hour until results, so I decided to head to Starbucks and grab myself a small snack as I felt my tummy growling. I quickly grab a chicken wrap with a grande pink drink as I walk back to the building while sipping my drink. After I finished my drink I disposed the cup and headed back upstairs. After being seated in the waiting are for 15 minutes, a man walks in.

"Results are out. I will say the names of the 20 who have succeeded in passing the first round."

Everyone nods as he pulls a sheet out and begins reading.

"The people who have cleared the first round are Park Soo Young, Kim Minhee...."

He continues, each passing name by smile dropping little by little. 

"And finally, Min You Rah!" He ends as I look up with bright eyes and grin widely.