Chapter 2

A little magic was all that was needed for the procedure to be confirmed. Unforgivable curses sure do come in handy when doing the Dark Lord's bidding.

I was lying on my back on a medical bed scared out of my mind. My parents were sitting in the waiting room while the doctor prepped me for the procedure. I was completely naked from the waist down awaiting the terrifying process that was about to occur. "So you're going to put me to sleep right?" I asked the doctor as I examined all the horrifying tools she took out. "Of course not. This will be quick and it's usually painless," She said sitting in a chair at the foot of the bed. "Usually?!" I asked alarmed just as she started moving a large tool towards my pelvic area. I started panicking and my heart rate accelerated as I began to hyperventilate. I tried to calm myself down but I psyched myself out so much so that I began to feel weak. My vision suddenly went black as I had fainted at the thought of what was happening to me.

When I woke up I was sweating and breathing hard. "Finally up?" I heard my mother ask. "How long was I out?" I asked as I slowly sat up. "Just a little over an hour. The doctor said you fainted," she said as she helped me up from the bed. "I had began to think this was all a dream," I muttered as I ran my hand through my hair. "Well how does it feel to be a mother?" She asked me with a smile. "Well you should know since you've been one for nearly 17 years. How do you know this worked anyway?" I asked putting on the pair of clothes that my mother handed me. "With a little help of magic anything is possible," she said waving her wand around a bit. "Let's get going, as promised I'm going to take you to do some baby shopping," my mother said as if it were some kind of reward. I sighed as I walked into the bathroom to fix myself up. When I looked in the mirror it was like I was looking at a different person. I raised my shirt up and looked at my bare stomach in the mirror. Nothing looked different on the outside, but I knew that on the inside there was a certain process taking place to produce the newest heir of Slytherin. The thought of Voldemort's little swimmers in me doing their thing made me want to gag. I felt tears in my eyes as I rubbed my stomach and took a deep breath. I can do this.

  Upon leaving the bathroom I was greeted with a few family relatives along with Narcissa, Daphne Greengrass, Pansy Parkinson, and Millicent Bulstrode who were also there having all been notified of the plan. All deatheaters and people associated knew of the plan. They all congratulated me speaking kind words of encouragement, but in truth I simply wanted to cry; and I think they all knew that too.

The whole group which included my mother, 2 out my aunts, my grandmother on my mom's side, Pansy, Daphne, Millicent, and Narcissa all came to the shops to help me shop for the baby. My mother thought asking them to tag along would bring me some sort of comfort a perhaps a hint of normality to what in my eyes is an abomination. They were trying to make me excited to become a mother. I love kids and I knew I would have some someday, but I just didn't think it would be so soon. There's also the fact that I am to raise the baby with the young version of Lord Voldemort himself! I just haven't been thinking about that part of the plan much. If I did I'm afraid I'd start crying and never stop. If he's this crazy now he's sure to be mean and horrid back then. What if he hates me? What if tries to hurt me or the baby? I was pulled out of my thoughts by my mother. "Okay girls since we don't know the sex of the baby we shall go with the Slytherin motif, that will surely appease the Dark Lord!" My mother announced. I don't know what was so exciting about baby shopping, but all the women here seemed so gleeful about it. Maybe they were trying to stay positive for my sake. Perhaps I should be grateful. They began buzzing around the shops making purchases to support the child of Voldemort. I couldn't tell if it was a kind gesture for me or if it was a sort of offering to The Dark Lord. Everyone's always so eager to gain his favor. My eyes widened at the amount of bags the women had in their hands. Does a baby need this much stuff? It made me a little nervous. "Thank you Aunt Camilla," I said as she handed me a bag full of baby bottles and pacifiers. "Anything for my beautiful Roslyn and the new little dumpling," she said with a smile patting my stomach. "Okay Roslyn, since I hope it's a girl I bought you some bows and a tutu, along with all this," Pansy said, rolling out a trolly with bags of pink frilly things. I put on a smile as I observed the sea of pink. "Let's hope the baby is a girl then. Thank you Pansy, I truly appreciate it." I said as I hugged her. "Well I for one think it'll be a boy so I bought you some toys and clothes for HIM," Daphne said coming out of the woodwork pulling up with little monkey and elephant decorated baby attire. "Wether it is a boy or a girl I appreciate you guys doing this for me." I said with an appreciative smile. I tried to gain some sort of positivity but in this moment which according to my mother should be happy, I just couldn't. Behind every fake smile I gave was a lost and terrified little girl who hadn't the slightest idea on how to be a mother.

As we left the shops all that was on my mind was that I only had three more days before my life is to be turned completely upside down. No amount of gifts could makeup for what is being done to me. I feel like I'm in the middle of a crowded room screaming at the top of my lungs but no one can hear me. It's like everyone is expecting me to just accept this and keep pushing forward. How can they expect me to just let go of everything I've ever wanted and every dream I've ever had just to fulfill the plans of The Dark Lord? I guess those things lost their importance the moment I was given this mission, the moment Voldemort chose me.
————-

"How are you so sure that I will be getting proper treatment? I mean I'm going to the forties who knows what medical equipment they even possessed back then." My mother stepped down from the ladder she was on to hang up dark green, silver, and black decorations for my baby shower tomorrow. "The house elf that is going with you is properly trained to deliver a baby and will bring all the necessary equipment. Don't worry your pretty little head my darling things will work out just fine," she said smiling as my father arrived with all the snacks for tomorrow. "Well how about all this stuff I got today and not to mention the baby shower gifts I'm sure to receive! How will I take them to the past with me?" I asked wondering how the Hogwarts students in the forties would take to be carrying hundreds of gifts for the baby into Hogwarts. "We shall shrink them along with the house elf's equipment and store it in a bag so you can unshrink it when the time comes," she said getting annoyed with all my questions. "Any more questions? Come on let's get them over with," she sighed a little irate, she always hated answering my questions for some reason. "Well how about a room, I don't think a dorm at Hogwarts is big enough for me and the baby plus my roommates. How about The Dark Lord? Won't he help me take care of the baby?" I asked her. "Well I'm sure that is something you will have to discuss with him when you meet. You will also call him by his former name since it will have still been in use, Tom Riddle. I'm sure there is something you can work out with the headmaster being that these are very special circumstances during the forties." I nodded in understanding but I was still afraid. I had so many questions swarming my mind that I knew I'd have to find answers to on my own. For one thing how are the professors and not to mention the headmaster going to react to this? What about everyone else at Hogwarts? I'll be the laughing stock of the entire school! Why couldn't he have sent me to a year where he was out of Hogwarts and perhaps financially stable? Did anyone think this through?! I have to rely on the fact that Voldemort or "Tom Riddle" will work out the kinks in this plan. He's my only hope yet my biggest enemy, and ironically the father of my unborn baby.

  That night I trudged tiredly to bed thinking about the fact that I would be transported 50 years into the past in a couple days to raise a child with the dark lord himself...and I would never be coming back. I could hardly sleep as I thought about the terror that awaits me. With so many questions and little to no answers it was difficult to find solace in any reassuring thought I tried to have pertaining to the situation. It would seem that all I could do is wait and see what is to come. Wait for answers, Wait for the baby, wait to be introduced to the young version of the wickedest man to ever live, and hope to Merlin he doesn't freak out and kill me when I drop this bomb on him. Though again all I can do is wait. Wait for my life to be snatched away from me to create a new one with the child of Voldemort.