Chapter 32

"Wow," I said as I tried to catch my breath. A smile accompanied by a laugh were my reactions to Tom's flustered state. It's like I could never get enough of him. Every little thing draws me in it's like I'm attracted to everything he does. Is this what love is, because I'm enjoying it very much. Everytime feels like the first time when I fall into his arms. His attention never falters, it's a glorious thing. Being quite is the worst, with the children sleeping a couple doors down we usually have to be quick. What an amazing thing my husband and I have discovered together. As odd as it sounds it's almost like sex brought us closer to being a normal couple, or as normal as possible. It's like everytime we do it we grow even closer if that's even possible. Finding time to engage is hard so we haven't done it very often, but like I said before every time is like the first, graceful and powerful.

    Tom rolled out of bed causing me to sit up in confusion. "Where are you going?" I asked holding the covers up to cover my chest. "I have a night shift tonight," Tom said as he slid on his work shirt. "What? You never work nights," I said, crawling out of bed to obtain his night shirt to slip on. "The manager has to pick up shifts that aren't filled," he said as I grew slightly suspicious. He had been so good, but the past hasn't left my mind. "Okay," I said with a nod as I leaned up to fix his tie. "When will you be home?" I asked before planting a kiss on his lips. "I'm not sure, the night shifts vary because of the cleanup." I think he could tell I was getting a little suspicious. "I'll be home sometime around midnight," he said suddenly as if he was calming my nerves. I nodded, sad he was leaving me so soon after we were so intimate just moments ago. As if knowing what I was thinking he wrapped his arms around me bringing me into his embrace. A smile graced my lips as he kissed my head. He pulled back but I reached for his jacket sleeve. He turned back towards me and I kissed him once more, "I love you," I said. He looked paused for a couple seconds before giving me the most intense stare like he was peering into my soul. "I love you," He said suddenly making me smile, for a second I had gotten a little worried. A kiss on the lips and the sound of babies crying in the next room sent him off to fulfill his duties as a husband.

    Butterflies in my stomach swarmed and churned as I watched him trudge through the darkness to get to Diagon Alley.  I sighed dreamily closing the door and locking it. I absolutely hate being here without him. That sense of security I had when he was here vanished in an instant when he left. The house was dimly lit by a single candle illuminating a path to the twins nursery. Tom had told me to lock the door and don't leave for any reason, though I'm completely capable of taking care of myself it gets difficult with a set of twins to care for as well. Sometimes I'm afraid one of his followers will go insane and turn on him going for his greatest weakness, then I'm reminded that they all fear him immensely.

    "Hush little baby don't say a word mummy's gonna buy you a mocking bird," I sang to my crying babies. Raven stopped crying and looked up at me. "And if that mocking bird don't sing mummy's gonna buy you a diamond ring," they love when I sing to them. They've gotten so big and have developed personalities. Raven is a giggler he finds everything amusing, while Scarlett is the the more finicky one, she's a crier. Each day I love them more and more, just when I don't think it's even possible I fall more in love with my children. I finished singing them to sleep and softly kissed each one of them on the head. They look so much like Tom, for some reason a huge fear of mine during my pregnancy was that they'd come out looking like a snake. Anyone could see they are Tom' s babies from the chocolate brown eyes to the wavy brown hair. They are most beautiful children I've ever seen. Raven has these big brown eyes that resemble Tom's accompanied by dark brown locks, while Scarlett has more deep-set eyes that resemble mine, a beautiful hazel and a delicate little button nose, her little curly cues are pleasure to smooth out with my fingers. The most adorable little things I've ever seen.