Chapter 6

It seemed as if I had been waiting for hours. I had been drifting off to sleep on the edge of the couch when I suddenly slipped and fell on the floor waking me up in the process. I yawned as I got up off the floor and sat back on the couch. Upon checking the time I observed that it was quite late. With much hesitation I sighed in defeat making my way back up to my dorm. The whole room was dark apart from a single burning candle illuminating Maggie's face. "I can explain," I said quickly in a whisper. "I have no choice but to-" I interrupted her. "No please he never came back. I can't find him please just don't tell The Dark Lord," I begged. She shook her head. "Maggie is sorry but one exception has already been made. The Dark Lord is awaiting Maggie's call." Tears welled up in my eyes as I thought about how I had already failed. It can't be over for me just yet. "Okay, okay just wait I need just a little more time. I think I might know where he is," I pleaded with her. "10...20 minutes tops. I can fix this," I said as she looked at me pensively. "Time is ticking," she said letting me know I had a second chance. I ran as fast as I could all the way down to the common room. Upon quickly sneaking out through the painting I began to make my way to the girls bath room we avoided in my time at Hogwarts. It was my best guess for his whereabouts, in fact it was my only guess. If he isn't here I have no options aside from dragging him up out of bed. Unfortunately girls couldn't go up to the boys dormitories or else I might have actually considered that.

     It's freezing, and I'm out here looking for the father of my child. I never thought I'd be in a position such as this, no one does. Upon reaching the bathroom I took a breath and said a short prayer before entering. I walked around looking for any sign of life. "Oh no," I said out loud as I hoped he'd just walk out of a stall or something. I harshly gathered my hair in my hands as I began to freak out. "Bloody hell!" I yelled as I slammed my fists down on the wash basin. If I can't even do this simple task how am I going to be able to have a baby and raise it with the guy?! I looked in the mirror and began to wipe my tears away. I just have to tell The Dark Lord the truth. Why is it so important that Tom knows so soon? Perhaps I can be granted more time. I regained my composure before exiting the bathroom. My body suddenly harshly collided with another person as I took my leave causing me scream in fright. I backed up quickly and looked at the person expecting a professor to be standing there. "Thank Merlin," I breathed as I saw Tom Riddle standing in front of me with a glare on his face. "Hill? What are you doing here it's well after curfew, I have no choice but to write you up and turn you into the headmaster," he said rudely, probably happy to get me into trouble. "You don't want to do that," I said as I tried to steady my heart beat that accelerated out of fright. "I came here looking for you," I said watching as his face went from annoyance to suspicion. "And why would you think I would be in the girl's lavatory at this time of the night? Hill I strongly suggest you run back to the common room before your punishment worsens," he said threateningly to which I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Stop being so difficult and listen to me!" I said a little louder then needed.

I'm fed up with this guy throwing a wrench in all my plans to fulfill this task

I'm fed up with this guy throwing a wrench in all my plans to fulfill this task. "May I remind you that you are speaking to the headboy? I suggest you lower your tone and leave," he growled opening the door for me to go. "For the love of Merlin will you just- ugh listen I have a problem here!" I finally exclaimed not sure how to how to proceed. I backed up further away from him into the bathroom. "There's no easy way to tell you this trust me but I'm-" he cut me off once more and this time he had his wand pointed at me. "This is your final warning Hill," he threatened me as I was trying to soften the blow for this slimy bloke. "No- I- you- I-I'm Pregnant!" I finally exclaimed with tears in my eyes.