Chapter 46

Tears invaded my eyes that stared at the man I love. The man I gave myself to physically and mentally. The father of my children and my husband who I'd do absolutely anything for broke my heart into a million pieces. "What are you saying?" I asked, hearing my voice crack from the sadness taking over my body. "The time for adapting and adjusting is over. I believe we've reached a plateau where we can easily settle on being civil." He said these things so casually as if they had no effect on him whatsoever. "Tom where is this all coming from?" I asked as tears slipped down my cheeks. "This isnt anything new Roslyn, you knew what you where getting yourself into when you came on this mission. This has always been in the back of my mind and now it would be for the best if you adapted these ideals as well."

A sharp pain in my chest is the only thing that reminds me that I'm still breathing. It's getting harder to do so as I realize that all this time he's been acting. No, this can't be right he loves me I know he does. Something is wrong here this can't be the truth. "How can you say that?" I asked barley above a whisper. "With no constraints," he said nonchalantly as if nothing had happened. An odd glint swam in his midnight eyes causing me to squint mine in suspicion. "No this isn't you, this isn't what you want," I said grabbing his hand feeling his normally warm, youthful, soft skin seem to be a cold rugged feeling to my fingers. He quickly stepped away from me pulling his hand away, as I looked down at my hand and then to him. Something about him is off and it's cold and very ominous. "This is the work of your horcruxes," I said slowly as I searched his eyes for any bit of remorse. When he gave no reaction something inside of me snapped. "You and I aren't just business you know that. Tell me you know that!" I said raising my voice. "Stop this," He said before turning to leave. "I love you! You love me and we have two beautiful children and possibly another one on the way," I said grabbing his hand and placing it on my stomach. Even if I'm not pregnant he has to feel something when I talk about carrying his child.

    "We're happy together," I said leaving his hand on my stomach and reaching to caress his cheeks. "It'll be okay I know it's hard right now but we'll figure it out like we always do. I love you and I promise that-" I was cut off by him pushing me back harshly using the hand that was on my stomach. I gasped and fell backwards loosing my balance. "Stop saying that," he growled as he stalked torwards me menacingly. He possessed a look so intimidating and so evil that it chills me to the core. I sat up and backed away from him still on the floor. More and more tears fell from my eyes as I stared at the monster before me. He seemed to calm down from his blazing anger as he took a step back, his eyes still trained on me. "I think it's best I leave," he said briskly turning to walk out the door.

I wanted to do nothing but crawl into a hole and die as he stormed out of the room. I looked to the floor and then to the door as I got a sudden burst of bravery. I peeled myself off the cold floor and ran to where Tom was fixing to exit our home. "You said you'd never change! You promised me you'd never be that awful monster I saw you as before! You're a liar your greed and lust for power have ruined you!" I yelled at his back as he clutched the doorknob in his hand. A few seconds past with me starring at his unmoving form before he turned around and in a flash my body crashed against the wall behind me. I felt all the oxygen in the room disappear as I began to gasp for air. My hands held my throat as I coughed and wheezed trying to breath. My vision began to get blurry and all I could think about were my children. Being pregnant, holding them for the first time, and all the love I have for them as I watch them grow older. The same love that belongs to the wizard restricting my air supply. Just when I thought I was going to pass out I fell to the ground and air began filling my lungs.

I gasped and wheezed filling my aching lungs with oxygen. A grasp on my hair pulled my head to look up at the furious face of my husband. "You will never speak to me that way. You're lucky your loyalty has been unparalleled as of late." I could hear my babies crying and Mr.Him barking at Tom as he had his hand buried in my hair and a demon possessing him. "You will behave as if you've never had those thoughts. You will worship me as I wish to be worshipped, and you will never disrespect me like that again," he hissed. "Am I clear?" He asked tightening his hold on my hair. I nodded quickly but that wasn't the affirmation he desired. "Speak when I ask you a question!" He yelled in anger as he pulled my hair so my head tilted back even more. "Yes!" I cried to which he released me. "I'll be back later I expect you to have this cleaned up by the time I return." I didn't know what he meant until I looked around to see pictures and the different living room decor scattered around the living room. Our wedding picture was sitting under a million pieces of broken glass, a reflection of the events that have just taken place.

The slamming of the door told me he had left and I waisted no time in running to the twin's room. I sobbed along with them as I couldn't get Tom's angry eyes about of my head. My heart is in shambles and it would seem that my life is as well. My head is hurting and my chest is sore and all of it is attributed to Tom Riddle. I never want to see him again though I know he is the only thing I have. I didn't lie when I said I loved him. I have built my life around him and I can't wrap my mind around changing. There's something taking a huge toll on Tom. I have reason to believe he's come to a point in his horcrux madness where his soul has been torn too many times. It's effected him in an awful way just as anticipated. All this time he's spent away from home and doing Merlin knows what he's done somthing absolutely horrid and completely messed himself up. There has to be something I can do to stop this. This is not the Tom I've fallen in love with. I have to bring back the old Tom somehow because I know he can't be entirely gone. He told me he loves me and he's proved it in his actions before all of this mess. I don't know what to do but I know I have to figure out a way to save my family. I'm a woman out of time and the only things I have in this world are my children, Tom, and the life he's given me. I'm not going to let this fade, not like this.

—————-//——//——————/—The big "dun-dun-dun" moment leading up to our finale

The big "dun-dun-dun" moment leading up to our finale. Just a few more chapters left until the sequel makes its debut! Special bonus chapter next!

 Just a few more chapters left until the sequel makes its debut! Special bonus chapter next!