Chapter 4

"Wake up!" I heard Pansy yell hitting me with a pillow in the process. "Argh! What?!" I yelled turning over in bed. "It's time to get up we have a lot of work to do!" She yelled whilst ripping the covers off of me. "No," I said crawling into the fetal position to try to retain my warmth. Fear flooded my mind and my heart rate picked up as I thought about what is to happen today. "Come on Roslyn you've got to get up," Daphne said walking into the room with Millicent behind her carrying a tray of food. "Up, up, up!" Millicent exclaimed before pouring a pot of ice cold water all over me. I screamed getting up and running to the bathroom to shower in boiling hot water while all the girls laughed. "That was bloody horrifying you oaf!" I yelled from the shower causing her to continue laughing. When I got out Pansy helped me dry my hair, and then began styling it giving me specific instructions on how to do certain hairstyles. Daphne proceeded do my makeup while Millicent put together an outfit for me. Time seemed to go so fast sadly. "Roslyn darling it's time to leave for Malfoy Manor are you ready?" My mother spoke walking in to check on me. "Yes," I said before gathering my things and following my mother to the foyer with my bags. It would seem that the time would pass so quickly and all I wanted to to do was hold on.

   When I got downstairs it was time to say goodbye to my friends, forever. As if on cue they came running up to me hugging the life out me. "I'll miss you guys so much! I'll call you when I settle in okay? We'll talk whenever possible." They nodded all of them hysterical. I tried so hard to hold back tears as I hugged them all once more. "I'll miss you Roz!" Millicent said before hugging me a third time. "Bye Roslyn, you've been one of the best friends I could ever ask for. Whatever happens I hope you find happiness," Pansy said sincerely before Daphne began to speak. "Bye Roslyn I'm going to miss you so so much. I love you like a sister stay safe okay?" She said as she placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Well, I guess this is it then huh? This is really goodbye," I said not believing it myself. I wanted so badly to wake up from this nightmare, but I know I never will.
"We mustn't be late dear, are you ready?" Came my mother's emotionless words. I took a deep breath as I took one last look at my childhood home. "I'm ready," I said with a stiff nod as I thought about everything I was leaving behind. "I wish all three of you the absolute best," I told the girls between tears. I gathered with my parents ready to leave watching my friend's sullen expressions as they said their last goodbyes to me. "Goodbye! We'll miss you!" I heard the girls shout before my father apparated us to Malfoy Manor to seal my fate.

   "There you are! Hurry he is waiting!" Narcissa whispered urgently. "How long has he been waiting?" My mother asked in alarm. "Does it matter Zora? Come on," my dad said leading us to the meeting room. I thought I'd at least get a moment to relax before we began the process, I guess not. I took a deep breath before entering. "You've arrived," The Dark Lord stated as he spotted us. He stood up from his chair at the head of the table and walked towards me. "Roslyn you surely fit the part, my past self is sure to take notice of you," Voldemort said making me actually wonder if he was complimenting me. "When you get there you are to say that you have been home schooled by your father until his untimely death, and your mother died when you were a child. From here on out you will be known as Roslyn Hill to avoid any confusion with your ancestors. Now I'm sure you are aware of the obvious rules for going into the past. You must not tell anyone except for my past self that you are from the future. You will not tell myself about my triumphs for the simple reasoning that I fear it will influence some changes in my life which I do not think is necessary. Although there is one thing I'd like to change," he said as he took on a more serious tone. "The night I planned to kill Potter is to never happen. You will make sure to prevent me from going that night. That is another small task you must take on. You will adapt to the time period and live your days as a normal woman of that era. Do you understand?" He spoke in a harsh tone making me aware of the urgency behind his words. "Of course," I said just before a house elf walked in the room carrying a small purse no doubt containing all the shrunken medical equipment. "This is the most important mission I have given to any of my followers. You are being entrusted with a very important plan. You hold the future within your womb, cherish it and it will bring you glory. Now take hold of this," he said handing me a gold necklace looking object. The added pressure from his words made me want to cry like a baby, no pun intended. "The time turner has been charmed, Five ticks should send you exactly 50 years into the past." He moved to stand in front of me making sure to make eye contact with me as he too said his cruel goodbye. "Safe travels, and remember Roslyn do not fail me," he threatened me once more before he moved aside to allow me to say my goodbyes to my parents. "Yes My Lord."