Chapter 23

Legit almost forgot to update today I'm a little late but here she is.~
The next morning we woke up early and got ready to go out as a normal family for the first time, and I think that was I was most excited about; being normal. I loved seeing Tom in casual clothes because it made everything feel so normal, not like seeing him in his Hogwarts robes and feeling like this was all just a job. I wore a dress a mother in the forties would wear, a pure white frock adorned with navy blue lace. These dresses are all the rage, or so I've observed from the window overlooking the streets of muggle London. "It's so odd wearing things like this," I said to Tom as I looked in the mirror at my cinched waist in the white dress. "What did you wear in the future?" He asked as he set up the double stroller for the twins. "Trousers, jumpers, trainers things like that." He raised his brows at me. "You wore trousers?" He asked curiously. "Yeah, why?" He kinda hesitated trying to produce the right words. "Trousers are usually set aside for men, or a certain type of girl." He spoke as I began to understand what he was getting at. "Well in the future everyone wears them, and they're far more comfortable than this frock." I said motioning to the bright white dress I had on.

Throwing some diapers in a bag I began to get the twins ready for the day. I had a bag of the twin's clothes I hadn't really looked through and found some funny onsies. "These are so cute," I laughed showing Tom one that said "future Slytherin." He grabbed it with a proud grin. "Perfect" He said looking down at it. "Although I don't believe they will be attending Hogwarts for obvious reasons, that's where they'd surely be sorted." Tom said placing the onsie down on the bed. "I like this one," I said picking up one that said "I'm cute, mommy's beautiful & daddy is lucky."
"If only it were true," He joked earning an eye roll and a light slap his shoulder. "Don't lie you'd pay good money for it," I joked letting one of my crude jokes from the future slip out. I laughed at Tom's alarmed face as he was taken back. "Relax Dorris Day for a dark wizard you sure are quite.....innocent?" I told him not sure how to phrase it. "How so?" He asked curiously. "I'll tell you when you're a little older," I laughed as I slid a small dress on Scarlett. "I take it the women of the future are far more progressive?" I find him being oblivious very amusing and dare I say cute? I almost couldn't control my adoration for this almost adorable dark wizard standing infront of me. "Well no, well I guess so it's just more things are acceptable in the future. Like the things we say, and how we dress are just normal, and words like sex aren't such taboo as today." He looked a little taken back as I said that which was understandable but still so strange to me. "See that reaction right there is what I mean it's just odd to me that the darkest wizard of all time nearly blushes at the mention of sex." I said flattering him as I always did when I called him that. Tom seemed almost flustered at the mention of these things and I get it, since he was raised in an orphanage in the 40's, and has had little to no exposure to these things except for at Hogwarts, kind of. "With that said when you do things like turn when I undress, or open doors for me and things like that it surprises me, because in the future men don't really have that much respect for women. Infact for a lot of them it's the opposite, they look at women like a game and they tend to refer to us with vulgar words and... it's just so different." I said admitting I admire this era's men for their respect for women. "That's what you're accustomed to, is that what you like?" He asked. "No not at all I like those 'odd' things about you but it does amuse me sometimes." I said picking up Raven in my arms. "You will always be respected, for as long as you remain by my side all heads will one day bow to you." He said becoming serious all of a sudden. I must say I love a man with power. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Tom and I began to make our way out of the orphanage. I wasso excited to leave this place for a while. I told Tom I just wanted to explore the town so we did just that, and it felt so normal I loved it. Tom pushed the double stroller as we navigated through the town. Walking around town with my husband and kids not only gave me the feeling of normality but it gave me a surge of pride. This is my family, my husband and my two little angels, and they're all so precious to me they're all mine. It's like this is all settling in for me even more. The wad of cash in Tom's wallet gave me a new perspective on things. I mean maybe we could actually be able to do something with ourselves other than become scary beings haunting the wizarding world. Who knows. I can't bring myself to think about our wicked future I'm too happy right now, although I know the time for me to make a horcrux is coming soon.

We decided to have breakfast at a small restaurant on the corner of the street we had been walking down for some time. "This is great, thank you." I told him suddenly with a smile. He looked up at me in the middle of him devouring his pancakes. "You don't have to thank me Roslyn you forget that these things are the necessities a husband offers his family. Perhaps it's your low expectations from the traumas of the future" He said going back to eating as I rolled my eyes playfully. "No, it's more than that. I'm just happy things turned out this way." I said laughing a little as he looked up at me with syrup on his lip. I reached forward wiping it off with my thumb, his eyes were entranced on me the entire time as I lifted it to my lips softly sucking it off. His eyes never left mine in this intimate moment until the waiter interrupted causing us to shift our eyes to him. "All done here?" He asked startling the both of us. "Yeah," I replied with a small smile stealing a look at Tom who was still starring at me with an indecipherable look resulting in me sending him a flirtatious smile. "The check sir." The waiter said handing Tom the bill. "Um where's the bathroom?" I asked the waiter to which he pointed to the left. "Right over there behind those blue doors," he said as I got up. "I'll be back," I told Tom feeling his eyes on me the whole time. It wouldn't hurt if I added a little sway in my step would it? Is this what sexual tention is? If so then you can cut it with a knife or something like that. I didn't mean it to be this way it just kind of escalated to this, and I'm not even worried about it. He's my husband and I think I may actually have alarmingly strong feelings towards him...intimate ones. I thought I established this last night but I'm not opposed to.....trying new things, it's what real husbands and wives do and I want us to be real or as real as possible. I just want to get closer to him and right now close isn't close enough. Maybe this way our children can have a semi-normal life, with parents that aren't as dysfunctional as we once were.

I finished powdering my nose before fixing my hair a little. I haven't brought myself to worry about the fact that I haven't talked to my friends or anyone really in a long while. The death of my mother came as a shock and it kills me but I've managed to push those worries to the back of my mind, after my odd resurrection I guess I've only been focused on my own life because I got a second chance at it. My mother looked content when I saw her in limbo or wherever we were when I died. That sounds so odd but at least I know she's okay and has no ill feelings towards me in anyway, I guess that's what hurt me in the beginning. The mirror to communicate with anyone shattered too, it's not like I have any way to even contact anyone anymore.

It's for the best anyway, I'm gone for good, and sooner or later they're just going to have to forget me if they haven't already. I have a new life and it doesn't involve anyone from the future. It's just me and my little family. I'll work things out on my own. Although I do miss Maggie's help with the twins she stayed at Hogwarts when her purpose was fulfilled leaving us to live our lives with our babies alone. The Dark Lord hadn't contacted her in a long while, not even when I gave birth or died which leads me to believe that the future had indeed been changed. Whether it's better or worse is your decision. I'd say that since my mission had been successful, the future is a dark place for those who do not stand with the Dark Lord; for all those that don't stand with us. In such a short time I've had to become a strong woman for myself and my family, I won't take a step back by worrying myself with trivial matters such as friends. I have other matters to worry about, one being my mental health, and the others being my husband and children, and finding us a home. Tom will become Voldemort in time and I know great things will follow I just have to hope that things end well for all of us. They have to, even if it kills me. He's a good husband and father so far, let's see how he does as Lord Voldemort. Although I know how he ends up, that was without all my shenanigans and our kiddos. Let's see how things turn out now. It'll probably be sticky and scribbled on, but this is us, and we are perfect in my eyes. I exited the bathroom with a small smile, that is until I took notice of the irritating image before me. Great a damper on our parade.

————-
Oooh is Roslyn agreeing with the evil ways of Voldemort aka her husband? Is her devotion and possible love towards him clouding her judgement? What impact will this have on our beloved protagonist? Find out Friday in chapter 24.