Chapter 41

For the hours that I remained in tears in the hard wood chair next to my babies all I could wonder was how could Tom treat me so awful. Just days ago we were laughing and having a grand old time getting cosy on the couch. I can't process how someone could go from being the most adoring husband to an absolute git. We've always had our differences but this is a new low even for him. Flabbergasted I sat in the chair feeling my muscles ache and my stomach grumble. I felt sick to my stomach just thinking of how everything escalated so quickly. So he didn't know where I was, I made sure to leave a note! It angers me how he blames me for his  ignorance. He didn't even ask if Scarlett was okay. I can't explain it but there was something that was off about him. Whether it was that he was recovering from making another horcux is a mystery, but even so he has no right to speak to me the way he did. My wrist still aches from his deadly grasp, and that was two days ago. It was like this whole year has been a complete waste on our relationship development. It was like he didn't care for me anymore.

   There is one thing to be grateful for, Scarlett is doing a lot better. She responded well to the treatments and the doctor gave me some medicine for her that should help her through the course of the flu. The doctor discharged her but I have no where to go. I want to go home but that involves me swallowing my pride and returning to that sick bloke. Raven spent two nights in his stroller, he deserves the comfort of his crib and I haven't eaten practically anything or slept at all, I probably look affright. In the same clothes I was wearing two days ago I pushed the stroller out of the hospital with absolutely no idea where I am going.

    This is a strange town, and it's definitely far from my home so I can't even go to Cheryl's or anywhere I know for that matter. Cars buzzed by on the busy street making me anxious, it sure would be great to have one of those. The idea of driving always interested me, even if as I witch I could apparate anywhere I wanted if I had been there once before. It interested me so much so that I had decided to learn, this was in the future of course. Cars always tickled my fancy, there was something strangely beautiful to me about a roaring engine. A sigh escaped my lips as I looked at the ongoing traffic wishing that I had a vehicle of my own so I could somehow escape this mess.

   I emptied the contents of my purse onto the counter of a hotel's front desk to look for money for a night. Luckily I was able to find enough for a night and some food for me. It's hard to be by myself. Those days when Tom left me when we were living back at the orphanage I never would admit it but I was terrified. Even when I bucked up and went to take care of business on the inside I was still afraid to be alone in a strange time with no family or friends. A time or two I had even contemplated what it would be like if I could return to the future. I even thought about what "Voldemort" would do to me if he found out I did that even though there's no way for me to do so. Sometimes, today being one of them, I wish that I could.

   I sat on the bed in a cold room with my babies laying down right beside me. My dress still was unfastened from just feeding them, I don't even have the strength to fix it. What am I going to do? I don't want to go back to the house but I don't have money or any means to stay anywhere. I can't even return home at this point, I'm so far away. I cried into the palms of my hands so scared for what I'm going to do. I can't even apparate because I'm deathly afraid of the babies getting splinched or for making Scarlett sick being that she is so weak. I need a damned car! I got up from the bed and wiped my tears. I need to stop crying all the time, I'm stronger than this. I died and came back to life for goodness sake!

   As the morning came I began to hyperventilate as the time got closer to checkout.  A shower and a hot meal really helped me get it together. Transfiguring some drapes into a dress though seemed to be hard for me to do at this time. You know this whole situation just really makes me want to throw a lamp at Tom's big head. As I finished dressing Raven a voice from behind me scared the everliving soul out of me, in fact I even screamed. "Decide to come home yet?" A man's voice asked.  "Bloody hell how did you get in here?" I asked realizing it was the daft big head himself. "I have my ways," he said with a smirk. "What do you want?" I asked with glare as I retrieved Scarlett's medicine. "I do believe I purchased a house for a family, a family that is unnecessarily homeless," he said with a calm expression on his face, picking up the medicine from the bed to examine it. "You said to return home when I've gotten an attitude adjustment," I said as I snatched the bottle away from him as he looked at me with amusement dancing in his eyes. "I don't think I've gotten one yet," I said annoyed with his presence as I gave Scarlett her liquid medicine.