Chapter 13 Part 1

As Tom gallantly led me out of the great hall many people shouted their congratulations to us. I forced a smile and so did Tom as we made our way through the crowd. Finally we were in the corridor and I could tell he was leading me to the dungeons. "Our belongings were transported to our new living quarters earlier today, I think you will find it to your liking." Tom spoke as I looked down at our intertwined hands. "I'm sure I will." I said placing my free hand on my protruding belly.

Three more months until my babies are with me, and that happiness is what keeps me going. I can feel them moving in me each day and I can feel my love growing for them, but I can't help but wonder if that feeling is mutual between Tom and I. "Are you happy Tom?" I asked him suddenly to which he furrowed his eyebrows. "I have outstanding grades, I'm guaranteed to make something great of myself, I have extravagant plans that I've already put into action, I've just been married to a comely girl, and I have two children due in three months, I have everything a happy man should have," he said unconvincingly. "But does it make you happy?" I've always wondered what would make this stone cold man truly happy, and I wish I knew how he felt about the babies and I. "Do I have a reason not to be?" He asked me to which I shrugged. "I don't know." I'm unsure what I expected him to say but it definitely wasn't this. "There is no reason that you should go on worrying about me Roslyn as I am perfectly content," he told me as he kept walking. "But you are my husband now, I must not only worry for the babies, but for you as well," I told Tom wanting to get some sort of rise of emotion out of him. "I can assure you that I can handle myself quite well, but if you must be burdened with worry so be it, far be it from me to resist whatever care you possess."

   It would seem like Tom only spoke in riddles, which would make his name fitting. I never know what he truly means. Of one thing I am definitely sure of; I have absolutely no idea how to be a wife. I've never cooked a day in my life and I sure do not look forward to cleaning up after a man. I don't know anything about a man's needs or what he even expects of me as a wife. Is he expecting me to play the part of a wife or will things just stay as normal? We arrived finally at the common room but upon entering there was a new hall between the stairs to the boy's and girl's dormitories that led to a silver door. He led me down the short hall and then told me that we now have to make up new passwords every month. "The password as of now is 'congratulations' per Slughorn," Tom said before whispering 'congratulations' to a small nook in the door causing it to unlock.

I didn't set my expectations too high as Tom led me inside. To my surprise it wasn't just a room. I walked around the furnished 'home' in astonishment. There was a small living area, a bathroom, and two bedrooms one for us and one for the babies to share. "One bed," I muttered as I entered the room that was to be ours. "As is customary to married couples," Tom said from behind me as I walked further into the room. It was odd seeing all of our things mixed into one room. Maggie must've been hard at work organizing all of our belongings. His mound of books took up most of the desk space but my records took up the rest of the surface. I ran my fingers over my records picking one up. I was saving this one for a special occasion. "Do you like music?" I asked Tom as I placed the record into my record player I had brought from the future. It was charmed to play with no connection. It was my prized possession. "Not particularly," he said still standing by the door. I was facing away from him as the record player began playing. "Well I do. When I was younger I would listen to this song over and over until the record was nearly worn out." I ran my fingers across the dusty record machine and sighed. Squeezing my eyes shut I tilted my head back and took a deep breath. This was a memory that made me sad, it reminded me of my past life. I nearly jumped as I suddenly felt his hands on my waist. I turned to him timidly. "I have something for you," he said as he took hold of my my hand leading me out of the room. In the corner of the living area there was a tarp covering something large I had just taken notice to. I looked at it curiously as Tom released my hand and walked closer to it. "I made a small request to Slughorn," he said as he pulled the tarp off exposing a beautiful piano. I looked at it in amazement as a smile slowly made it's way upon my lips. "This is my wedding gift to you," he said as I walked over to it letting my fingers lightly brush across the keys. "It's perfect, thank you," I said as I sat down on the stool in front of it. It amazed me that he remembered how much I enjoyed playing the piano. It was something that brought me peace and reminded me of the happiness I experienced in my previous life. It was one of the best gifts I've ever received. "Well," he said expectantly. I looked up at him curiously. "I'd like to hear you play," he said as he took a seat on the sofa. I looked from him to the piano and rubbed my hands together. "I'm sure to be a bit rusty," I said as I placed my hands on the keys. He stayed silent as I began to play beginning to remember the keys to childhood favorite song of mine. I felt like reminiscing on my childhood was appropriate as tonight was the official end of my time as a child. Maybe that was over when I was impregnated. I played the tune remembering all the dreams I had as a child. All the things I must leave behind.