Chapter 16

I no longer felt any pain. It was as if I was floating. I felt no floor beneath me and and emptiness surrounding me. I felt Nothing. I began to feel completely isolated and alone when I suddenly heard a voice. "Wake up Roslyn! Wake up." I groaned when as I opened my eyes to see..... nothing? All I see is bright pure white. I sat up from whatever I was laying on and looked down at myself expecting to see my bloody clothes but instead I was clad in a clean white gown.

"There you go darling take it slow

"There you go darling take it slow." I furrowed my eyebrows at the familiar voice. "Hello?" I called out looking around, I know that voice. "You're a mother." the voice said, I turned to finally see the owner of the voice. "Mum!" I exclaimed running forward and throwing my arms around her. "I'm so so sorry mum." I cried. "Shhh it's alright, none of it matters anymore." She said as I pulled back from her. "How does it feel to be the mother of two beautiful twins?" She asked with a slight smile causing me to look down sadly. "I wouldn't know." I said whilst wrapping my arms around my body feeling the unfamiliar state of my flat stomach that once held a large bump, this isn't my real body. My real body is torn up from the floor up. "So this is it......I'm dead?" I asked her needing to hear it for myself even though it was true. "Yes love I'm afraid so." My mum said as she rubbed my back comfortingly like she did when I was a child. "But you don't belong here." She continued softly. "What do you mean?" I asked her confusedly. "I mean you belong with your family down there." She said pointing downwards. "This is my destiny mum I can't be there anymore you know why. My heart gave out, it's not possible." I said tearing up as I thought about my new little family down there without me.

    "Remember what I used to tell you when you were little whenever you said something was impossible?" I thought for a second before looking up at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Anything is possible......with love?" I asked her wondering where she was going with this. "Everything has a meaning in this world. All things done with love prosper and others that are done with hatred don't. In the end what was it all for? You and Tom adoring the babies, Tom coming to love you......you loving Tom." She spoke taking me back a little. "Mother what-" she interrupted me. "We don't need to talk about that now Roslyn it'll be our little secret." She whispered as if there was someone else in the room aswell. "What does all this all mean?" I asked her as I looked down almost expecting to see my once protruding stomach only to see my bare feet. "You can have all back you know." She said suddenly. "What do you mean?" I asked her eagerly. "It's not your time Roslyn, unless you want it to be. Deciding that it is your time would be like suicide but if you choose to live you can go back." This can't be true, my life on Earth is over my body is wasting away as I ponder these words.

     This can't be possible, rising from the dead is unheard of. However if it is I already know what my answer would be. Regardless of all my previous pain and strife, I would take it all if it meant that I could live my life with my babies and even with my strict, overly cynical husband. "I want to go back." I said knowing what I wanted in an instant even if it isn't possible. "There's always a price to these things Roslyn you know that. A human life isn't so easy to bring back." What is she telling me? First she says I can go back and now she's telling me different? "The curse denies you from experiencing the most beautiful gift of love, and if you go.....the life of that love would have to ascend........but that already happened didn't it?" My eyes widened at this news, did my babies die as well? My heart is breaking with all these cryptic messages. "My babies are here?" I asked sadly to which she quickly shook her head no. "No Roslyn, Raven and Scarlett are very much alive but there is one angel that didn't quite make it." Of course my Gianna is here. "You were denied life's most precious gift of love when Gianna came, and because of that your curse can be lifted." My mouth went agape at this news. "Can- can I meet her?" I asked her with tears in my eyes. "I'm afraid there isn't enough time. You are being revived by Maggie at this very second, you can let go at any moment. You want to get back in time right?" she said with a small smile as I furrowed my brows at her words. "In time for what?" I asked as I began to feel light headed and the image of my mother began to fade. "In time for what?!" I yelled one more time before I became dizzy and the bright white started to turn to grey. The image of my mother waving to me suddenly sent me into complete darkness.