Chapter 42

I grumbled in annoyance as I went on my not so merry way. So a wad of cash is the extent of Tom's "devotion" to his wife and children, it's good enough for the moment. The rest might as well be trashed at this point. I am just so angry with how he's dealing with all this. He says he's going to prove his daft feelings to me and then proceeds to abandon me and the twins in this unknown town. A taxi wizzed by making me think of possible places to go. It actually looks like I'm stuck with another hotel for the night. You know I'll bet he did that to me on purpose, the reading my diary thing. He was probably angry with me for making fun of his silly projects. What a spiteful little dwarf. He was so angry he set off to humiliate me by reading something that contiained my most private thoughts. I documented my whole pregnancy in here, there's a lot of intimate stuff. I wrote down just about everything. If he read the whole book then he'd know that I didn't tell him what happened when I died. He knows I saw my mother before I came back to life. This wouldn't be a bad thing if I hadn't lied to him and he didn't have this freaky thing about death.

   A couple candy bar wrappers littered the floor of the small dark hotel room. The chill night air was completely quiet aside from a lone cricket somewhere outside. Trying to read a book had turned into me trying to push away all thoughts of Tom. So we had a fight, it would be a little better if he would just apologize. I set my book aside and took a deep breath, rubbing my tired eyes. To the left of me two little babies slept peacefully. My eyes caught sight of my blasted diary resting next to Raven, I still can't believe he had the audacity to read it. I collected it in my hands and opened it up.

     "November fourth," I read aloud from one of the many pages of the diary. "Tom nearly shoved me into a wall today when I told him I wouldn't go with him to the library again. I wanted to spend time with Mildred and her boyfriend. He didn't like that at all, long story short I ended up going with him to avoid anymore trouble." I sighed sadly in remembrance of those troublesome days we spent together in Hogwarts. He treated me so badly, I guess we've truly come a long way from that. Turning a few pages I began to read one from a bit further back. "September 16th, he just stares at me sometimes, like he's trying figure out a puzzle. Sometimes I catch him just gazing at my stomach. I guess I understand how strange this is to him, I just feel like I'm on edge most of the time. Today he asked me how it feels and I asked him what he meant. He shook his head and said never mind, but I assumed he meant what was it like to be pregnant and I told him it was lovely." I rubbed the page with a reminiscent smile before flipping further down. I stopped at a page that was smudged with tears making me curious. "February 8th, sometimes I stare at the stars and wonder if it makes sense to say those are the same stars my parents are looking at. I long to have some sort of connection with them. Today I made the mistake of telling Tom what was troubling me and what he said made me even more upset. He said I should forget about them, and that there's no use in being upset over it. He called me pathetic, and my heart broke even more. I'll miss them forever and forever I will hate Tom Riddle." It's been a little while since I thought about my parents, like really thought about them. My father has another child to worry about, I bet he never thinks about me and my mother has hopefully found some sort of peace wherever she is out there in the land of the dead. Placing the book in my purse I turned out the light before cuddling up next to my twins. The times Tom and I spent together in the beginning were swept under the rug long ago, but maybe they shouldn't be. Maybe I shouldn't let go how awful he was to me. Sometimes he still has these spells of toxicity, and that's what got us into his mess in the first place.

    That is it I am not spending one more night in this bloody hotel! Surprise surprise Tom is still missing, what a creep. Things have gone way too far and we're going to settle it today. Believe me when I tell you that trying to describe to a taxi man where to go is difficult when you don't quite know yourself. When I finally recognized my surroundings I was relieved. Nothing about the house looks different but for some reason it felt odd. Perhaps it's the absence of the warm and welcoming vibe I usually got from being home. He should be at work or something but knowing my luck he could be home.

    Rummaging for my keys in my purse I pushed the stroller to the door. I'm going to give this man a piece of my mind. Opening up the door I instantly furrowed my brows as I spotted rose petals on the floor. "What in the world," I whispered as I noticed they led to the bedroom. This better not be what I think it is, but I'll leave the stroller in the hall just incase Tom is truly out of his mind. Slowly I walked to the door of the bedroom and reached to open it up, how strange our bedroom door is never closed. I don't know what I was expecting to see but I do find it odd that there was absolutely nothing out of place aside from a note on the bed. I unfolded it and read it aloud. "The garden is quite lovely, but not as lovely as you," what is that supposed to mean? What garden?

    I walked out of the room and noticed the back door was ajar. Rushing to close it I first looked out and to my surprise flowers decorated the backyard. Stepping out into the middle of them in the distance who should I see with a Rose is his hand but Tom himself. "What are you doing?" I hollered over to him. "Showing you I care," he said walking over to me and placing the flower in my hair. "By planting flowers?" I asked, still angry with him. "They're a romantic gesture or so I've heard," he clarified. "Allow me to demonstrate what I'm trying to accomplish," he said taking out his wand as I crossed my arms. With a flick of his wand my surroundings changed in an instant. I gasped as everything changed into a bright setting that was pretty much blank. What in the world?!

————-
One more chapter coming shortly!