Chapter 17

"How are you feeling? Are you still in pain?" Tom asked as he placed the children on my lap. "Yeah I'll feel like this for a couple days." I said as he pulled out his wand. "What are you doing?" I asked as he muttered a few incantations over me. "Roslyn I have notified the school nurse of the birth she has given me a healing potion for you to drink." Milly said as Tom took it out of her hands looking at the label. He pulled the cork out of the top and handed it to me. "This should relive you of any pain." He said as he handed it to me. I wrinkled my nose as the pungent smell hit me. Taking a deep breath I downed it disgusted with the gross taste.  "Does Miss.Riddle need anything more from Maggie?" She asked as I handed her the empty bottle. "Water." I choked out. " Maggie immediately disappeared going to retrieve the water, and Milly escaped the room giving Tom and I some alone time.

"We have something to discuss Roslyn." Tom said as he sat at the edge of the bed. "You were dead." He said pointing out the obvious. What happened to me is still a mystery to myself how can I explain it to him? Do I even want to? "I-I saw my mum," Were the only words I managed to choke out. My eyes were focused on my babies that laid on either side of my lap. Knowing that I was almost not going to be here with them was enough to bring tears to my eyes. They were the most perfect things I've ever seen, too perfect to not want to be with them everyday for the rest of my life. Taking my Raven into my arms I stared down at him with a look of absolute adoration. "How did you come back?" Tom pushed once more as I sighed wanting to spend this time rejoicing with my family instead of answering questions I myself didn't know the answers to. "I don't know Tom, I really don't. The whole thing doesn't make sense to me, all I know is that I'm here because my curse was able to be lifted somehow and I was able to return. Who are we to question such a miracle bestowed upon us by the most generous being?" I said as I looked down at his kneeling form by the bed. "I'm here to stay." I said in a whisper as I tried to hold back my tears.

  I chose to keep the Gina solution from Tom because it seemed like something that I'd want to keep as my secret and take it to the grave. It also seems like taboo to speak of it like I'd be tampering with some magical boundary that could take back this miracle at any given time. It's also worth mentioning that Tom has an obsession with death and if I told him how I came back I don't know how far he'd go to try and replicate it somehow like a substitution for horcuxes or something. I think the unanswered questions would drive him mad if I let him in on the secret. It's all better kept between all the spiritual spectators and the involved. I don't even think I would ever tell my children.

   Tom nodded slightly but I could nearly see the steam coming from his ears that sheltered the gears grinding in his far too intelligent brain. I observed his thoughtful stare, he's just too intuitive for his own good and it's alarming. I know Tom well enough to see when he's overthinking something and right now he was really contemplating all the information he has scavenged. With a pensive glance my way Tom took that initiative to change the subject. He must figure he's gathered all the information he could from me.

  "Something quite different, we have two weeks until the end of our seventh year. First off where will we leave the children while we are taking our exams?" He asked as Maggie walked into the room to give me a glass of water. "The nurse, she is probably the best person to watch them." I said before drinking my water. The though of leaving my babies alone so soon made me what to cry. I want to spend every waking moment with them being that I almost didn't get to have one. "Well now comes an even more difficult topic," he started almost nervously. "I live in an orphanage as you already know and since you obviously don't have a place for us to go..." He trailed off looking away from me. "What are you saying Tom?" I asked him suspiciously to which he hesitated a bit. "The plans I had for after I finished seventh year were suitable only for me, and now that I have you and the children to think about......we are going to be in a hard position, just for a while. I've been working it out for months and I've come to no sound solution for housing. I'm going to get a job and we'll get a house and then everything will be fine but for right now we have no where to go after graduation." My eyes widened in realization, I hadn't thought this far. Tom looked anywhere but at me, and I know it must be hard for him to admit that he didn't have an answer. If he didn't have a solution the most resourceful wizard of the century, then I am terrified.