Chapter 45

"Roslyn!" I heard Tom call out. I can't even bother to respond as I'm far too busy trying not to look like a crazy lady. Just when I thought red lipstick could fix anything I smeared it and I'm trying to fix my mistake that I made 10x worse. I just want to burst into tears looking at my frazzled state. "I told you to be ready Roslyn," Tom said from behind the door. "I look like rodeo clown," I said surprising myself by my voice cracking. "You're being ridiculous," Tom said as he turned the doorknob to discover it was locked. "I'm not ready," I snapped as I turned on the tap to wash off the mess I've made on my face. Suddenly a steady stream of tears started their merry way down my face as I scrubbed my face. "Why are you crying?" Tom asked but I could tell he was annoyed. "Go away," I said getting the urge to go to the bathroom.

   Moving quick so I don't soil my dress my vision is impacted by a stinging sensation from the soap. Can this day get any worse?? Sitting on the old John soaking wet from the chest up with burning eyes and a face smudged with bright red lipsick and mascara, I begin to cry once more because I had left the water on and now the sink is overflowing. I jumped up so quick I didn't even move to pull my knickers up and wouldn't you know it I just had to slip on the water and fall down half naked on the wet floor while water continued to poor onto me. Of course a shriek vocalized into the air in the process, alarming my already distraught husband. "Roslyn? I'm coming in," I heard Tom say. "No!" I growled as I struggled getting to my feet on the slippery floor. My head was throbbing in pain, I guess I hit it on the floor when I fell. "Just go away or something," I said in a stressed rampage. Grasping my wet hair in my hands I began to cry once more. I'm such an emotional mess! No response from Tom meant he'd had enough.

Fast forward 10 Minutes I believed a soothing bath was in order. I don't care if Tom is angry with me, I'm about to loose my mind. Scrubbing the smeared makeup off my face was definitely a sport and it left my face red and raw. Trying to comb out my tangled hair in the bath I began to hear a baby crying from down the hall. I really need a break. Everyone has these days this one is just particularly bad. I just need to breath, and moisturize. I wish life was as easy as I believed it to be while I was at Hogwarts.

Shuffling out of the bath I quickly got dressed and pinned up my hair. "Get it together," I whispered as I went through the bathroom cabinet in search of some lotion. Suddenly my eyes settled on a box of sanitary napkins. When was the last time I had my period? I knew I wasn't a weakling I'm just preg- wait what am I saying? I rolled my eyes at my foolishness, it's impossible. I've just been stressed and overwhelmed lately. There's a reason for these emotional spells. Yet again why am I so late this month? "Roslyn!" I heard Tom call out making me roll my eyes.

   "What?" I asked as he walked into the room. "Are you ready to leave?" He asked in a bored tone. "What? No, I thought we were off for tonight," I said as I closed the cabinet. "I've decided not to interfere when you're in a gruesome mood. Look at you, you're hardly presentable," he said looking down at his wristwatch. "Gee thanks that's what every woman wants to hear," I said with an eyeroll. "If I only said what you wanted to hear then nothing would get done not that it ever does," he said, annoyance radiating off of him. "What's that supposed to mean? I do everything for you! You never even have to lift a finger around here," I said crossing my arms. "I shouldn't have to, I work all day so you can lay around here and keep the children fed," he said royally pissing me off. "What are you implying because I know you don't think that's what I do all day. You act like you have such a hard life I swear," I said with an eyeroll. He scowled at me before storming over to where I was sitting on the bed. "Do you not yet understand the severity of this situation? Everything I do now reflects on not only your future but mine as well. I gave you months of carefreeness and ease and now it's time to stop this foolishness," he said angrily. "I'm still not seeing what it is I'm doing wrong. I've done everything you've asked and everything I was told to do by your future self," I said not liking how angry Tom was getting with me. "It's time to stop acting like this isn't just business," he said, all but ripping my heart out of my chest.

——-///———————————
Why is Tom acting so strangely? Find out in the next chapter.