Chapter 39

A wall in my path stopped me from my escape of the band of ruffians trailing me. Turning around to face the menaceing presence of the barbarians, I grasped my stroller tightly while gripping my wand in my pocket equally as tight. Mr.Him was growling and barking at them, but they brushed the puppy off like he wasn't here. "What's a pretty lady like you doin' round these parts?" A tall, burly man clad in black asked as he crossed his arms. Two other men banded with him while looking at me like I was tonight's dinner. "I'm just leaving," I said quickly while turning my stroller to leave. "Not under my watch blondness," another man said as he went to stand infront of my stroller to block my path. I glared at him as I took a step back. "I have no money if that's what you're looking for," I said all of a sudden becoming a comedic genius as they busted into laughs. "Oh babycakes we ain't looking for money," the leader replied. Just then I felt my bracelet warm to the glow as my other half touched it, probably wondering where I am. I shouldn't have been a brat and left. He's sure to feel my rapid heart beat and wonder what's going on. "That's a pretty bracelet you got there," he said looking at it with a conniving smirk. "That necklace looks like it's worth a pretty penny," he said, stroking his chin in thought, to which my hand instinctively flew to my diamond horcux. "My earings, take them you can get something for them just let me go," I said, taking off the worthless studs I put in earlier. They have no sentimental value unlike my other jewelry, silly me to think they'd just take the studs and run. I held them out to him to take, but he stood staring at me making me uncomfortable. I took back my hand and pocketed the earrings, afraid of the fowl things going through his mind. How do I always get myself into these situations?!

    "You're set up pretty well, I bet you live in a nice house married to one of those business types," he said admiring my wedding ring. He thought for a moment before speaking once more. "Lenny take the stroller I got the girl," he said which immediately made me go for my wand. I threw out the only spell I could think of  in a split second, and one of them fell to their knees in a puddle of blood. The other two stared at me me terrified for a moment before running off. I could go to Azkaban for this, I fired two more spells after the retreating muggles making them fall to the ground as well. I covered my my mouth in shock at what I'd just done. "Oh my gosh," I whispered to myself as I looked at the three men laying facedown on the cement. One was bleeding out infront of me, and the other two were knocked out cold on the ground. I quickly looked around to see if there were any other witnesses, and when I didn't see any I quickly pushed the stroller into a nearby wooded area and levitated the bodies to me.

   "What do I do, what do I do," I whispered as I got down on my hands and knees by the man that was bleeding out and gasping for air. The blood makes me want to be sick, and I think I can see an organ. Healing spells, what's a good healing spell? I need Tom, he knows them better than I do, but there's no time. "Oh what have I done," I cried as I held my wand over his body. I began to cry as I thought about what I had done when suddenly I heard a voice from behind me. "Roslyn?" It was Tom, I turned around with tearfilled eyes and jumped up. "I didn't mean to, I don't even know what spell I used. They were trying to take my horcrux and- you have to help him!" I stammered out quickly feeling my body shake as I looked at my hands to see fresh blood caked on them. I dropped my wand to the ground as I noticed it making me freak out even more. "It's okay," He said grabbing my wrist and kissing my cheek. He was so calm and stolid it shook me to core to see how he had no true reaction to this. His warmth evaporated as he walked behind me and over to the bodies. I turned to see him kneeling down next to the man covered in blood. Maybe I thought he'd have mercy on these muggles, but I didn't miss him using legilimency on me to see what happened since I wasn't much help. I should've known better than to think he'd ever heal a muggle, especially one that tried to attack his family. I couldn't tear my eyes away from the ease he had in allowing the killing curse to leave his mouth three times. It kind of knocked me out of my shocked state as he shot off the last one.