Chapter 3

The next morning I was getting ready for the party. I tried to produce a little excitement, I mean it's my baby shower for crying out loud. I want to have fond memories of this day, not memories of me sighing and sulking in the corner the whole time. I decided to just put aside the circumstances of my pregnancy and try to enjoy myself because who knows the next time I will be able to do so. I tried to think of any redeeming factors about my journey to the past. I guess I wouldn't mind experiencing the past eras like the fifties, great music, great actors, great experiences. I tend to follow muggle histories and cultures for amusement. I have to try to think of some good things to go with this mess like witnessing some awesome historical events. Unfortunately this is to be my new life after all. Then something struck my mind. Will I have to be with The Dar- Tom? Will he want me to stay with him or will he cast me away once the baby is born? Will I be left alone in the past with no one? I calmed myself down quickly. Never would I let him take my baby from me no matter what he does to me, I rather die. I need to do escape these thoughts. They'll only make things much worse.

I walked out of my room and got ready to celebrate the baby that now resided inside my stomach. People had started to arrive and I became a little cheerful once again. I immediately made my way to the snack table and retrieved a slice of watermelon while I waited for the rest of the guests to arrive. They all walked in congratulating me saying how this was such an honor. Some of them also shared their birthing stories with me which kinda freaked me out, but then they shared the cute stuff about babies making me smile a little. I hadn't given much thought to what it would be like to have a baby of my own. It can't be that bad right? Then the dread started to set in when I am suddenly reminded of the father of my child by the flash of my mother's dark mark on her arm as she made her way to the front of the crowd of women. I guess it's time for my mother's grand old speech about how fortunate we are to have been chosen. As if the Dark Lord's favor will last. It's only a matter of time until things get back to normal. Or at least a new normal without me in it. "Thank you all for coming to help celebrate this joyous occasion. I am aware baby showers usually occur later on in the pregnancy, but because of these special circumstances we decided to have it on this beautiful summer day. So everyone enjoy the festivities and thank you for being here with us today!" My mother then told me to speak as well but I wasn't in the mood to fake a smile and say how this is such an honor because it's not, it'll never be. She forced me in front of the crowd even so, but I'm nothing like her, I decided to bring a little honesty to the table. What is happening to me shouldn't be celebrated like this. I'll be gone to them and all my wishes and accomplishments will soon to be forgotten. It's almost as if they're celebrating my death.

"There are times in a woman's life when it calls time to celebrate, and finding friends to celebrate with is easy," I started to which my mother smiled proudly. "And then there are times like this and if there are still people by her side, then those are her real friends. We all know what brought us here and the fact that you all still found it in your hearts to come," I paused as tears threatened to fall. "Well you're in my heart forever,"

 "Well you're in my heart forever,"