Chapter 33

His midnight shaggy hair nearly covered up his dark sunken in eyes that looked over a crooked nose. I raised my shakey hands infront of me as if they provided some sort of protection. "Please," I stuttered. "You can take anything you want, just don't hurt me and my babies," I said terrified. With his gun he motioned to the door. "Get out there," he said to which I obliged. I hesitantly took a few short steps towards the door stepping over the man that was laying knocked out on the floor. "Gary will you get up this isn't funny!" The man yelled kicking his companion in the side. When he didn't move my captor reached down to check his pulse. "Dammit!" He cursed causing my babies cry. "Shut up!" He yelled slamming the door shut. I want to gouge his eyes out and bury him alive, but I'd never risk doing anything with my babies lives in danger.

    I felt the tip of his gun press to my spine. I'm so scared I can hardly breath. "Move!" He yelled jabbing me harshly in the back with the tip of his gun. I moved to the living room with him trailing me. The towel around my body was the only thing stopping me from being fully naked infront of him. "Where do you keep the money?!" He yelled. "T-the bedroom," I sputtered out trying to focus. My wand is in there, I need to get my hands on it somehow. Holding my towel tightly around me he forced me to the bedroom. "Get on the bed and face the wall," he demanded as my eyes found my wand on the nightstand. I did as he said just as I heard the front door open. Tears brimmed my eyes as he cursed under his breath. "Roslyn?" I heard Tom call out. "Keep quiet," The man sneered. Tom's quick, he'll be okay but how could he expect to come face to face with a gun? I heard the armed man step towards the door and I instantly hopped to my feet.

   "Leave him alone," I said to the man without thinking. "Shut up," He said angrily. Hearing Tom's footsteps down the hallway and the cock of the man's gun were enough to make me run for my wand. A gunshot went off and I screamed as I continued running. "Avada Kedavra!" I yelled pointing my want at the man just as Tom sent a mutilating spell his way. He fell to the floor in mangles, dead as a doornail. I dropped my wand and stepped away from my dead assailant. Even Tom opted for a spell other than death, what have I become? The strangest thing is that I didn't cry, not until   my attention focused on Tom. "What happened? Why are you undressed?" He asked immediately as I clutched my towel closer to my naked body.

     I couldn't respond as I made an awful realization. "Two of them, there was two of them," I said before running to the twins nursery. "Oh my gosh," I cried placing my hands over my mouth. I knew he wasn't dead. The large bald man I knocked out earlier stood in the nursery holding Raven in his arms. Tom stood behind me with his wand at the ready. "Don't," I said to Tom, afraid the man would hurt Raven if Tom did anything. Even if he sent the killing curse his way he could accidentally hit Raven. "Please don't hurt him," I said as I took a timid step towards them. "Shame you had to come home so soon, we were about to have a grand old time," he said suddenly. "You can take whatever you want just please put him down," I said hearing Raven began to cry. "Can't a man hold his son?" He asked. "He's not your son," I said stated angrily. "What you don't see the resemblance?" He asked with a malicious chuckle. "I'm leaving with the kid, stand aside and no one will get hurt. Oh look at the bright side you still have another one," he laughed. He stepped towards the door and I couldn't stop myself from running towards him. "Roslyn," I heard Tom growl. In an instant the man was falling to the ground and Raven was in my arms. I held my baby boy to my chest watching the green beam from Tom's wand evaporate into thin air. I was breathing hard as I moved to kiss Raven's head. "How did they get in here?" Tom asked furiously. "I don't know," I said teary eyed. "You didn't see any more of them?" He asked to which I shook my head no. "Just them," I said shakily. "I was in a bath when they broke in," I continued. "The neighbors had to have heard that gunshot you need to get rid of the bodies," I said quickly. Just then a knock at the front door startled me. "Looks like it's a little late for that," Tom said quietly. "What do we do?" I asked panic stricken. "Police, open up," someone called from the front door. "It was self defense they can't do anything," I said as I placed Raven in his crib. "There's no cause of death for this one and the other one is in pieces in the next room, we'll be throughly investigated and when the muggles get curious so does the ministry," Tom said in a stressed tone running his fingers though his hair. "Get rid of the bodies, I'll get the door," I said to Tom as the knocks on the door continued.