Chapter 10 Part 1

"It's freezing," I said as Tom and I were arriving back at the Slytherin common room when I felt a great but subtle lurch in my stomach causing me to gasp and halt to a stop. I rubbed my stomach in wonder. I noticed Tom stall beside me curiously. "Are you alright?" He questioned after seeing the grin that broke out on my lips. "Y-yeah I think the baby just kicked!" I nearly squealed as I felt the weird sensation once more.

I quickly grasped Tom's right hand placing it on my stomach that protruded ever so slightly

I quickly grasped Tom's right hand placing it on my stomach that protruded ever so slightly. My normally flat stomach almost vibrated as the baby kicked harder than the last two times. It's almost as if the baby knew Tom was their father.

I heard Tom audibly gasp in amazement, he just felt his baby kick and I think it just kind of amazed him. I could almost make out a slight smile on his face, he looked genuinely taken back in amazement. He placed his other hand on my stomach just as the baby kicked again. I laughed aloud in happiness, feeling my baby kick might have been one of the best moments of my life. "Wow," I heard Tom whisper almost to low to hear. "It seems so real now, all along it's as if this has all been my imagination," he said absentmindedly. I stayed silent, smiling at him as he slowly bent down with his hands still on my stomach as if wanting to be closer somehow, like he wanted to know more about this miracle he had never before believed he would experience. He was overwhelmed and I could sense it. These actions made me happy no matter their intent, it was like our very first 'family' moment.

Just then I heard a soft gasp and the patter of feet running away. My eyes widened as Tom jumped up with his wand in hand. "Stay here," he said before rushing off to catch the intruder. Perhaps this is what we get for having a little family moment in the middle of the corridor. How could we help it though it's our very own child. I would later find out Tom wasn't able to catch the little sneak that was watching us that night, and so began the cycle of rumors.
———————
   The rumor mill went crazy with this one and it was making me nervous. Tom did what he could, but I can hear the whispers every time I walk into the room. It made me feel so upset when people would flee away from me because of these accusations, why didn't they do the same to Tom? Even my so called friends began to distance themselves from me. All except for Mildred who has yet to ask questions, and for that I was grateful. I knew we couldn't keep this a secret forever, but I didn't think it would be this bad. It was worse when I wasn't around Tom. People didn't stare as much when I was with him. When I'm alone they let their mouths run wild and their stares always were set on me. I felt awful. I think Tom knows it was both of our fault, but I feel like he blames me.

    I sat in my room crying out of the depression I felt. Maggie tried to comfort me, but I couldn't be consoled. This whole situation just got 100 times worse with everyone talking about me behind my back. Tom tells me to ignore them, but he doesn't know what it's like it be called a trollop for something I had no hand in. Something I was forced to do. It's just not as bad for the man oddly enough. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse an owl I recognized as the headmaster's began scratching at my window. The headmaster is sure to have caught wind of the rumors flying around the school. I guess they're not really rumors if they're true. I wiped my tears with my hands and hurriedly retrieved the letter from the owl's talons. With shaking hands I opened the letter to confirm my suspicions. It was a note summoning me to the headmasters office. Tom and I had never really thought of the possibility of the headmaster expelling us for this. Did Voldemort even consider this?! I crumbled the note in my hands and then tried to look presentable enough to go out. The note requested my "immediate presence at once" it's clear that the headmaster was in dire need of my attendance at this meeting he wishes to have with me. It also sounds quite aggressive if I'm being honest. Perhaps I'm over thinking it, or perhaps it's even worse than I could imagine.