Chapter 37

"Everyone get together for a picture!" Maybel exclaimed running into the kitchen with a camera in her hands

"Everyone get together for a picture!" Maybel exclaimed running into the kitchen with a camera in her hands. Annabelle and Lane rushed to jump in the frame shoving me in the middle. "Say Merry Christmas!" All of us smiled just as the flash went off. "You have such a lovely home Roslyn who would've known Muggle London would be a fad," Maybel said as she lowered the camera. "Thank you," I said as I put a batch of cookies in the oven. "Laney we're out of fire whiskey out here," Laney's husband Paul said popping his head in the kitchen. "Men and their booze," she said with a roll of her crystal blue eyes. "It's in the cupboard," I said with a smile.

This marks our second Christmas together, well our first Christmas together wasn't nearly as joyful, and we weren't together in the least bit. We went to the Yule ball together last year and I found out we were to be married. Never would I have imagined we'd be where we are now. This also just so happens to be my baby's very first Christmas. Of course they wore matching onesies that expressed that fact on them. Tom's coworkers pulled straws to see who would host the annual Christmas party, and much to Tom's distaste he got the short straw. I on the other hand was excited to host a Christmas party in our home. We never got company so it's great to see the house full of fellow witches and wizards celebrating Christmas together. People seeing us as a family makes me happier than one would imagine. Us women were in the kitchen preparing Christmas dinner while the men were boozeing and sharing a few laughs coming and going. I'm not so sure Tom's having a good time with that though, he's a bit of a recluse. He's at least a good actor so he could probably make anyone think he's having the time of life. I had the children in their playpen in the living room playing and giggling, and to me nothing could be better on this amazing night.

Christmas music was playing from the record player in the living room as everyone congregated in the dinning room for Christmas dinner. "I'd just like to say what a pleasure it is to be here with you all tonight, and what a lovely dinner our hostess has prepared, it looks absolutely scrumptious. Merry Christmas everybody," Leroy said, he's another coworker of Tom's. Everyone wished each other a Merry Christmas before digging in. As a child I had never experienced anything like this. I was alone a lot of the time and my father seldom allowed visitors to our house. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming as I looked around the table at all the friendly faces that gathered around. My eyes set on Tom who was already looking at me. It's funny how a simple wink from him could set my heart aflame. Butterflies come alive when he smiles and blood rushes to my cheeks as I think about what happens when the party's over and it's just him and I in our palace. "You're wife is quite the housekeeper Riddle," a burly old man named Stephen said to Tom. "That she is," Tom agreed. "To Roslyn," Tom said raising his glass and prompting everyone to toast to me. "Thank you," I said, smiling sheepishly as they toasted to me.

   Tom had never experienced anything like this either, his life was even lonelier than mine. I was stuck in the orphanage for only a few months while he was stuck there for nearly 18 years. I couldn't imagine being trapped there for that long. He had no family or friends, only followers. This must be so new to him, something bigger than I could even imagine for my husband. So many dreams of us cycled through my head each day. Dreams of us growing old together and expanding our family, dreams of discovering more about each other. I want us to be able to finish each other's sentences, and live a life full of love. Though sometimes I wonder if that's even remotely possible. In my perfect fantasy our future holds great things. I can never push aside the fact that Tom will become Voldemort but, I can only hope that he's nothing like the Voldemort I saw. Me being here with him and giving him love and affection is sure to differ the outcome, though I'm not sure just how much. He promises great things when we are alone together. In our precious moments in the dark just before we fall asleep he tells me of a day when him and I will rule over all wizards. It's not power I crave its him, and if this is what he wants then it's what I want too.