Chapter 1: New Girl (intro)

It all started one regular boring morning in Mrs. Abbott's math class. Let's start off by saying I hate school, and that's really all there is to it. No matter how much the teachers try to say it's fun, it's never gonna be that. But I do know one thing; school is better than being home. See most people would much rather be home than be at school. Most people would want to stay at home with their families and sit in their rooms all day with no responsibilities. But you see, i'm not like most people.

In my youtube videos, you see a whole other side of me. A side that never really comes out. In real life, i'm much more shy and reserved and kind of depressed actually. And of course I feel like a fabulous bitch queen but everyone else sees me as anything but fabulous. I get bullied, a lot. Everyone hates me in their own special way. They tease me because i'm gay, i'm actually pansexual. They tease me because I only hang out with girls most of the time, well at least when I did hang out with people. Jack is my only real friend now that I think about it. And I know what you're probably thinking; what about Andrew and the o2l members and the other Youtubers i'm friends with. Yes i'm friends with them, but it's different. I don't really hang out with them in person and we barely talk except for youtube related things like VidCon.

Well anyways, let's go back to the boring morning in Mrs. Abbotts. She was starting to take attendance, when I remembered we were having a big test that day. Which did I mention I forgot to study for it? I used to do really really good in school, but now i'm too stressed out to really study or spend time on stuff like that. Now the teachers have practically given up on me which I don't really mind. Everyone has given up on me except my fans of course. But that's over a screen, over the internet, without real life communication. So it's different.

So Mrs. Abbott was about to go into a huge long speech about how this test was important and we need to study and take our time and blah blah blah. But then someone knocked on the classroom door. It's a good thing when that happens because usually it's a teacher at the door and both teachers socialize for at least a good 5 minutes. That would maybe give me time to study/basically memorize some of the stuff for the test. Because I knew what would happen if I failed.. My dad would..

And then Mrs.Abbott walked back in. Just great she didn't take anytime at all so I couldn't study. But she didn't come back in alone.. She was with another girl who I had never seen before.

"Class, this is our new student Emily. I would like you all to welcome her to our wonderful school! We don't have any other seats... but we do have an open one next to Anthony in the second to last row. The student who sits there, Jack, is on vacation for a week or so. So you can just sit there for now." Said Mrs. Abbott.

Emily nodded and started walking down the aisle of desks. She had strawberryblonde hair and blue eyes and was wearing a pink shirt and black jean-shorts. And she was forced to sit next to me! I actually felt quite bad for the poor girl since she wasn't ugly. But she was sitting next to me. And i'm the complete opposite of attractive.

"So today i'm not going to make you guys take the test because I don't know if Emily has learned about anything that is on it and it wouldn't be fair to her. And it wasn't a big test anyway so it isn't a big deal." Said Mrs.Abbott. You could literally hear the relief sighs of everyone, including me. "So instead what i'm gonna have you do is work with your mathbuddy and complete problems 1 through 17 in your math textbooks. You can get started right now." She said.

"Uh, excuse me?" Said a voice.
But not just any voice. A voice that was particularly close to me. After a second I realized it was that new girl and she was talking to me.
"What?" I said. "
"So are you like, assigned these "math buddies" or like..?" She asked me.
"Oh no, it's just Mrs.Abbott's word for person-sitting-next-to-you-" I said half smiling.
"Oh ok haha." She said smiling.
"So does that mean we're partners?" She asked. Yep, I definitely felt bad for her.
"Uh yeah. I'll go get the math book." I said and quickly got up.

I came back and handed her the book of torture. She looked at the problems we were supposed to do.
"Do you have any clue at how to do this? Because I sure don't."

"Not at all."

She laughed a little. "So anyways, i'm Emily. I just moved here from California."

Who in the world would want to move from hot beautiful California to cold bitter New Hampshire?!
"Oh yeah, i'm Anthony."

"Do you like this school?" She asked.

No actually I hate it. "Uh yeah I guess so. I don't really like school that much but it's ok."

"I don't like it either.

Oh wow we have something in common. "Cool." I said.

We actually had a general conversation for the rest of class and it turns out she's more like me than I thought.

"Well we didn't get much work done." She said at the end of class.

"I know right. Well it doesn't matter. Mrs.Abbott won't check. Hopefully." We both giggled.

I was slightly disappointed math class was over. It was kind of exciting talking to someone for once.

When we were walking out I went to turn to my locker when she said "Hey, uhm Anthony?"

"Yeah?" I said back. "Could you maybe show me where my next class is? I literally just got here today and no one is caring that i'm completely lost."
"What do you have next?" I asked.
"History." Said Emily.
"Oh ok that's upstairs.Follow me." I said.
"Alright thanks." She replied.

(NOTE: In this story I mention Jack and I am referring to thatsojack but he is 15 and Anthony is 14. My real name is Emily like the girl in this story but she has nothing to do with me, just the same name :) )