Chapter 26: Spilled Secrets

-Emily's POV :-) -

I was worried sick about Anthony. But I didn't tell anyone that, of course. At school, Mallory kept bugging me. She asked me where he was and I said he was really sick... which in a way wasn't a lie considering he actually was in the hospital. But after a few days of him still not coming to school, she knew something was up. She asked me again if he was just "sick" and I might have accidentally told her the real reason. I suck at lying sometimes! I told her about his dad and everything and I felt extremely guilty after. I had said I wouldn't ever tell anyone.. But Mallory was my other bestfriend. I couldn't keep things from her.

After two weeks of worrying, I finally got a call from Anthony. I swear I answered that phone before it even rang. "Hello?" I said.
"Hi." He said.
"Omg! You're alive!"
Didn't mean to put it like that..
"Uh, yeah!" "Wait so what exactly happened?"
"I gotta go. Bye."
"Oh.Bye."
Was it something I said? He probably didn't want to talk about what had happened. Wow, I'm such an idiot.

A few days after that we eventually got to see eachother. He wasn't in the hospital anymore, which was good. He was back at school.

So in between classes Anthony and I were talking by his locker. But then the bitch ass skank hoe came up to us. Yeh, so Jaidyn. "Oh look who's back." She said.
Why can't she just leave us the hell alone?! We both just ignored her, which seemed like the best option at the time. "So, you tried to kill yourself?"
We both just looked at her.
"Too bad it didn't work." She said. No. That teared it.
"No. I don't give a shit what you say to us but you just went way too far! Can you just go the fuck away?!" I yelled.
Before she had a chance to respond I stormed away. "Hey wait!" Said Anthony catching up with me."
"Wow, good girl gone bad." He smirked.
"Oh shut up. I'm done with her bullshit. That really hurt, what she said."

We headed off to class.

At lunch, I sat down next to Mallory. Then Anthony came in and sat down. "You're back!" She said.
"Yep!" He said.
"Are you ok? I know what happened.." She said.
Uh ohh. I forgot to tell Mallory that I wasn't sopposed to tell her any of that stuff. Anthony didn't answer. We glared at eachother. "Uh yeah, hold on a sec, Mal." He said getting up.
"Come on." He whispered and grabbed my arm.
It kinda hurt. "Let go of me!" I said.
He let go. He led us outside of the cafeteria in the hallway. "You told her?!"
"Well uh.. kind of. I'm sorry."
"Ugh, Emily!"
"She kept asking questions and she's my best friend! We talk to her everyday... I thought it was easier if she knew."
"Ok but you don't get it. If she tells ANYONE i'm dead. I don't really trust her."
"I do! She won't tell anyone."
"She better not." And then she came out from the cafeteria.
"Hey guys... What are you doing?"
"Nothing." I said.
"Oh. Ok well come on, let's go eat." She said and we walked back in.
"Wait... You told Jaidyn too?!" Anthony asked me, back in the cafeteria.
"No.."
"How did she know?."
"I have no clue.but I swear I didn't." "Ok.."

When I got on the bus in the afternoon, Jaidyn was accross from Anthony and I's seat. So I did something brave. "Jaidyn?" I said to her.
"What?" She snarled.
"How did you know that thing about Anthony?"
"Mrs. Shrivall was talking about it on the phone with another teacher."
"Oh..ok." I said and turned around.
"The teachers found out.?" I said talking quietly.
"Ohh. Well my mom probably just told them. I thought she was going to just call me in sick, but I guess not. Because my mom thinks it's because I get bullied but you and I both know that's not the reason at all."
"Do you think the teachers are going to mention it to you?"
"I hope not. They didn't today but it was my first day back, so I don't know."
"Well goodluck with that."
"Yeah."