Chapter 5:Meeting Jack

-Anthony's POV-
A few days later, Jack came back from his vacation. I was really excited to see him actually and I wanted him and Emily to meet. He texted me on Saturday morning and told me to meet him at his house. I got up, got dressed, brushed my teeth, and left. I of course stopped at Starbucks on the way there.

Jacks parents are super nice just a little bit strict sometimes. Like when they want something done, you will know and you will do it. When I got to his house I casually knocked on the door. His house wasn't that far from mine so I usually just rode my ghetto-ass bike there. His dad answered the door. "
"Oh hello Anthony, how are you?" He asked me.
"Good, how about you?" Another lie, I was never "good".
"I'm alright just a little tired from the trip. Im assuming you're here to see Jack." He said.
"Yep." I said.
"Come on in."
I walked into their huge house. Their house was actually really nice and open. I liked it, alot. I went into Jack's room since the door was already open. Jack was sitting on a chair on his phone.
"Hey!" He said when he saw me.
"Heey!" I said. "So how was the trip?" I asked.
"It was fun but I actually didn't want to miss school because my grades are already dropping and I missed a lot."
"I basically have an F in every class and I only missed 3 days of school in the whole year!" I said and we both laughed.
"So did I miss anything important?"
"Yeah actually. There's a new girl at our school and we have math and biology with her."
"What is she like?" He said.
"Her name's Emily and she's kind of quiet at first but in math we had to be partners so we talked and now we're friends."
"Now i'm anxious to meet her."
"We could probably go see her today if you wanted. I have her number so I could text her to see if she's busy or not and if she wants to meet up."
"Ok."

So I texted her and she actually wasn't busy and we decided to hangout at the park again like the other day.But this time I told her she was gonna meet my friend Jack. She said ok.

Jack told his parents we were going out for a few hours and we just left.

When we got there she wasn't there yet so we had some time to sit down. "Is she cute?" Jack asked me.
"I don't know." I said. And then we saw her walking towards us and she waved. I waved back.

"Hi" She said.
"Hey, i'm Jack."
"Yeah, I figured that." She said smiling.
"So you must be Emily?" He said.
"Yep, that's me." She said.

There was a moment of awkward silence.

"You're really tall, Jack." She said. Me and Jack laughed. It was true, he was way taller than me and her.
"Ya, I get that alot." He said.
Then we all decided we were hungry and we went to Chipotle since Emily had never been and we needed to get a burrito in that girl.

I was really happy that my 2 friends were now friends . Emily ended up loving Chipotle so it was a good day all in all. But then something happened that ruined it completely. After we ate and Emily went home I went back to Jack's house for a little while to catch up on everything from the past week.

"Hey, Anthony?"He said out of nowhere.
"What?" I said.
"I kinda like really like Emily.."