Chapter 23: Suspended?

-Emily's POV-

I spent the weekend with Anthony which was pretty fun. On Saturday we went to the mall and went shopping plus we got frozen yogurt at Tutti Fruity which was of course the best. But then on Monday we were forced to go to Hell....I mean jail... I mean the dungeon... I mean Satan's lair... I mean the torture chamber... Ehm school.

So I suffered through math, biology, history, and worst of all; gym class. But finally I had lunch period which meant I got a break. Ugh I hate school. So I walked in, found Anthony, and we sat down at a table next to Mallory, her friend Jason, and our other friend Mackenzie. We basically just gossiped about how some of the popular girls try to start new fashion trends that are completely hidious.

After lunch, I went to my locker to get my binder and things for my next class. But the issue now was that this annoying girl Jenna was standing near my locker. And then Jaidyn walked up to Jenna and started talking to her. I usually try to avoid people like them in general but now they are both next to my locker. I don't have a choice so I just casually go to my locker. They didn't really seem to notice or care that I was there so I just started getting my stuff out. Then Anthony came up to me and we started talking. But maybe us laughing a little too loud, caused Jaidyn and Jenna to look over at us.
"Uhm honey, haven't you figured out that he's gay as fuck and isn't going to date you?!" Jaidyn said directed towards me.
I wasn't sure what to do.. "It's called being friends bitch. I guess you don't have experience with any of those though." I said.
"Who the fuck do you think you are?" She said and pushed me into the lockers. I couldn't believe she just pushed me! I just stared at her. But then something happened.......

All of a sudden I looked and she had her hands on her face and she was yelling. Anthony punched her in the face!!??? "Ow! You're insane!" She screamed.
She dragged Jenna and they ran away in the other direction. I saw Jaidyn from the distance, in a room talking to a teacher.
"They're going to make it sound like everything was our fault." I said.
"I know.." He said.
"You shouldn't have-" and then we saw Jaidyn, Jenna, and Mrs. Donnel coming our way. Jaidyn now had an icepack on face. Ugh, she's so over dramatic.
"Ok, come with me." Mrs.Donnel said. I was scared mainly because I have never really gotten in trouble. I didn't really do anything wrong this time though, except for saying some things to Jaidyn. We walked into the principal's office and sat down.
"What happened here?" Mrs. Donnel asked. So we tried to explain that Jaidyn was being rude and then she pushed me and it was just self defense."
"Well it should not have resulted in harming someone." The principal said. Then Jaidyn tried to say that we have mental problems and that she was just innocently standing at her locker trying to "make friends" with us. Yeah, ok. But in the end, Anthony had punched her in the face... So he ended up getting suspended for a week. And Jaidyn just got a few lunch detentions!

The principal said she was going to have to call all of our parents after we left. Uh oh.. My aunt was going to be so mad and concerned. And Anthony's parents probably weren't going to answer the phone anyway.

I ended up getting one lunch detention, which I didn't really care about. Me, Jaidyn, and Jenna had to go back to class while Anthony had to go home then . "Bye, goodluck." I whispered to him before I walked out.

-Anthony's POV-

So now Mrs.Donell was calling my mom's cell phone because she already tried the home phone and no one answered. I told her my parents were at work, which was true, and she just didn't say anything. Finally my mom did answer and was told to pick me up because I had got into a "fight" and was getting suspended.Which by the way, the actual incident only lasted for around 5 minutes. My unhappy, confused, angry mom came in after like 20 minutes.

The principal explained everything and my mom seemed pretty upset. "That's not something he would do." My mom said.
"Well you never know." Said Mrs.Donell. What a bitch.

The car ride home with my mom was as silent and awkward as it could get. When we got home we still didn't speak to eachother. She didn't ground me or anything which makes me think that she was on my side and believed I did nothing wrong. She was mad that she had to leave from work, though. She didn't go back though, so that was her fault.

Later on, I called Emily.

"My mom isn't mad." I said.
"That's good. But school sucks already without you. I'm so bored, i'm gonna die."
"It'll be fine."
"Oh and thanks. For standing up for me."
"Oh. Your'e welcome." I never meant to hurt Jaidyn but I guess I just snapped. I don't care what she does to me but if she lays a finger on you then i'm gonna do something about it.
"Have you talked to Jack?" She asked.
"No not since he left. I hate him yet I still miss him."
"Same. I have a question though.."
"What?"
"I'm just asking but.. Would you ever date Jack? Don't be mad, I just wanna know."
"..."
"Well uh...yeah."
"Oh.. Ok. So um do you like him?"
"..."
"Kind of.. I don't know. I guess."
"Oh ok. Well I gotta go eat dinner."
"K bye."
"Bye."

-Emily's POV-

I don't know why but I was kind of crushed when he told me he sorta had feelings for Jack. Life's so comfusing.