Chapter 4: Park Date

The next day on the bus Emily asked if I wanted to hang out later. I was a little nervous she would want to go to my house. But I figured even if she did, my dad probably wouldn't be home but I didn't want to risk it.
"Um maybe."I told her.
"Ok."she said.
A few hours after I got home I texted her and asked if she still wanted to hang out. She said yes and asked if I wanted to just go to the park down the street and just talk or do homework. I said yes even though I typically don't do homework...ever. She said she would come to my house when she was ready so we could just go together. After all she lived right down the street. I didn't mind because neither of my parents were gonna be home that day.
About like 20 minutes later she knocked at my door and we left. At the park, we talked mostly about school. Not a great subject but it was kind of fun.

"What grades do you have right now?"She asked.
"Do you really wanna know?"
"Yesss" She said.
"From C's to F's." I said.
She actually looked surprised.
"Really?!" She said.
"Yeah haha.What do you have?"
"Well I have A's mostly because i've only been at this school for a week. But I usually have A's and B's. I thought you were like an A+ kind of person." She said.
That was clearly a lie. It's not like any one thought I was smart in any way possible.
"Yeah I don't really pay attention in school that much. I just have a lot on my mind and it's not like we learn anything important."
"True."
Then we started talking about the popular girls and how they are so annoying. Another great topic lol.
After about an hour I asked "Do you want to go get some icecream?"
As I pointed to Moo's Ice cream across the street from the park we were at.
"I didn't bring any money." She said. I had a few dollars in my pocket (not 2o dollars *thrift-shop song refference*) so I told her I would pay if she wanted.
"Oh what a gentleman you are." She said grinning at me.
"What can I say, i'm just like that." I said grinning back. We both started laughing.

So we went to go get icecream.

I got a chocolate soft serve ice cream cone with rainbow sprinkles (cuz im classy haha) and she got cotton candy with sprinkles. We sat down on the benches and licked our ice creams. The sun was starting to set, even though it was early it was winter so night came quicker
"I've always loved sunsets. They're just a sign that even though the sun is going away, the moon will be here soon." She said.
"Yeah, it's so beautiful." I said. In my youtube videos, I come off as a person that doesn't give a shit about anything, but I really do love life.
"Where do you think we go when we die?" I asked Emily. I don't know what made me say it, and I didn't really mean to say it out loud but it kinda slipped out.
"I don't know. Death is probably my biggest fear though, and I hope there is a life-after." She said.
I didn't say anything and the reason was because I have wanted to die so many times in my life. But I realized right then, I may have wanted to die, but I was terrified of it too.
When we were done our icecreams, she thanked me for buying them and then we headed home.

"Well that was fun." I said when we got to my house.
"Yeah, it was. Well bye, see you tommorow." She said.
"Bye, see ya."
I went into my room and laid on my bed and just thought for a few minutes. I thought about how maybe, life wasn't so bad afterall.