Chapter 13: Gone

-Emily's POV c: -

After breakfast we wanted to go see a movie and we decided on The Hangover 3. It was a little stupid but it was funny. Then we went to get lunch at a little italian restaurant next to the movie theatre. I got ravioli and it was really good actually. After that we went back the the hotel. We were planning to stay another night just for the fun of it.
The rest of the day we just hung out in our room.
We ended up going to bed at around 1:00 a.m which wasn't too late but we were both pretty tired.
"Emily? Emily!" I heard Anthony say. I was half asleep. I don't react well to people waking me up.
"What.?" I groaned.
"My dad's pissed. He texted me saying he's gonna find me if I don't get home right now."
"Oh." I said.
He didn't say anything.
"Do you think he will actually go looking for you?" I asked.
"Yeah. I'm really scared.."
He was having like a panic attack but he was trying to be calm.
"Well even if he somehow finds out we are at this hotel, our room door is locked. He won't even know our room number either."
"You sure?"
"Yeah, don't worry. He won't find us. You're gonna be fine." I said and put my arm around him.
"Ok." He said.
So we went back to sleep.

But then maybe 30 minutes later we heard knocking at the door.
We both woke up. I sat up and we looked at each other I guess in panic and shock.
The knocking turned into banging and then he said loudly "Open this fucking door."

I got up and opened the door like an idiot. But I didn't want the people in the room next to us to hear him.
Anthony was sitting on the bed still. I don't think I have ever been that scared in my life... Even when someone broke into my house and murdered my parents... I was little so I didn't understand what was going on. This was different.
Anthony's dad stomped in and walked over to the bed. He grabbed Anthony by the arm and forcefully pulled him off of the bed. "
"Come on." He said.
I was silently crying by this point but I was just in the corner of the room in shock of what was happening.
The man practically dragged Anthony out of the hotel room. But as they were leaving Anthony looked back and we locked eyes. I saw the fear and pain in his eyes. That broke my heart. They were gone and the door slammed shut. I didn't know what to do. He didn't even get to take his phone. It was still on the bed. He wouldn't be able to text me.
I was crying a lot. How did I let that happen?! I should have said something, done something, anything. I just sat there like an idiot. And now my best friend was in a terrible place. I prayed that he didn't get hurt.

I slept for about an hour that night.