Chapter 40: Confession Night

-Anthony's POV-
About a week passed by and my mom seperated from my dad. They didn't get divorced but he moved out into his own place. Of course I was thrilled but it crushed me that my brothers and even my mom wouldn't get to see him, and it wasn't really fair. My dad loved them and they loved him. I didn't belong there in the middle of all of their happiness.

I went out to dinner with Emily as a little celebration for him being gone.
I put on a blue button up shirt with a black varsity jacket and the jeans I wear like literally everyday, and my all black converse. The place we went to was a cute little resterant that was on a lake and it was sopposed to be a little bit fancy. I showed up before her and got us a booth. I was actually a little bit scared she wouldn't show up for some reason but right after I took a seat she showed up behind me.
She was so beautiful.
She wore a white blouse-like top with black leggings and doc martens.

-Emily's POV-
I was happy that Anthony was finally gonna be safe.. well at least safe from his dad. I just needed to save him from himself.
The resterant was beautiful and much more classy than I expected. I couldn't find Anthony anywhere, until I finally saw him in a booth in the back near the bar. I walked over and sat down accross from him.
He looked so perfect.
"Am I late?"
"No I just got here actually like five minutes ago."
"Oh ok.I love how you just ironically got seated near the bar."
"I know who do they think I am?!"
"Right? Getting turnt tho."
Just then the waiter came over to take our drink orders. The waiter was really funny and very hot.
"I like our waiter." I said once he left our table.
"He's hot."
"I call dibs."
"Bitch what the fuck no he's mine."
"We're literally like 10 years olds at a sleepover."
"I know!"

-Anthony's POV-
The food was really good and because i'm just so polite I was gonna pay but Emily wouldn't let me so we ended up splitting the check. The one time I try to be a good person!
I had a really good time and leaving the resterant was kind of dissapointing. Outside, the sun had already gone down and it was slightly dark.
"Hey do you wanna go to that hotel that we went to before? The last time it didn't end off so well."
"I don't have any of my stuff though, just my phone."
"Ok well we don't have t-"
"No, I want to."
"Ok."

-Emily's POV-

As we were sitting on the hotel bed, watching Criminal Minds, I got lost in my thoughts. Anthony was my bestfriend, but I felt something different around him then with my other guy friends.
"Are you ok?" I guess he realized something was wrong with me.
"Um yeah. It's nothing."
"What is it?"
"I just thought of something but.. nevermind."
"Tell me."
"Nevermind."
"Emily!"
"What!?"
"You can tell me anything, you know."
"It's just... remember that time at the dance..."
He sighed.
"Why did you kiss me?" I said.
"You leaned in!"
"Well you didn't back away!"
The thing is he was partially joking but I was actually a little upset by the whole thing. It was messed up... he was my friend and I had felt uncomfortable around him after that.
"But Anthony, I just don't get it."
"I just.."
I turned and looked into his brown eyes. For some reason I loved his eyes.
"What?"
"I love you, Emily."
"Yeah but like-"
"You don't get it."
"Get what?"
"I really love you."
"Like..a sister kinda thing right?" I said expecting him to agree.
"No."
-Anthony's POV-
I couldn't imagine life without her. She didn't feel the same and that's why she wouldn't get it.
"Im confused." She said.
I looked into her deep blue eyes.
"You wouldn't understand."
"Well... I love you too."
"It's not the same though, you just-"
"Anthony Michael Quintal. You changed my life. You made me smile when all I could do was cry. You can always make me laugh and you are so smart even though you don't think you are. You are so cute and it kills me when you say things like you're ugly and everything. You're perfect to me."
I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything, and instead I kissed her.
"Thankyou. For just always being there." I whispered.