Chapter 35: Giovanni

-Anthony's POV-
I decided I was gonna try to talk to Giovanni about what Julian had said. I went into his room where he was in the middle of playing some video game.
"What?" he said.
"We need to talk."
"Leave me alone, Anthony."
"Julian told me that you selfharm."
"That's not true." He said. I knew he was lying though.
"Ok." I said. I grabbed his arm.
"What the hell, let go!" I turned his hand over to see scars on his wrist and arm.
"I just.. Well you do too." He said.
"How do you know that anyways?"
"Mom."
"Oh, figures. But at least I have reasons. What's wrong with you?"
"I don't know. I just hate our family. And people at school always bug me about you. So i'm just really stressed out. You wouldn't know but it sucks being related to you because everyone loves you so much that they use me to try to get to you or whatever."
"Well feel free to get our parents to put me up for adoption because i'm so up for that."
"So what's wrong with you?"
I didn't answer.
"Dad?"
....
I nodded. "You know about that?" I knew he had seen dad hit me a few weeks before but that was about it.
"Yeah. When we were little he used to always get mad at you and hit you. I think it got worse as you got older though."
"Oh. I guess I blocked out most of my childhood haha."
"Does mom know anything?"
"No. Does she know you cut?"
"No..don't tell her."
"I won't. She knows I do but she thinks it's because i'm just like depressed, she doesn't know the actual reason."
"Oh, ok. Is there anything I can do to get Dad to be better to you?"
"I don't think so. But he loves you and Julian so you're fine."
"Yeah, I know."
"Can you do me a favor?"
"What is it?"
"Don't hurt yourself. Or atleast try not to. I don't want you to end up in a bad place."
"Ok but you shouldn't either."
"Yeah."