Chapter 17:Let's Dance

-Emily's POV-

*A few days later*

The dance was held in our school's gym which was the biggest room. They had a dj and lights everywhere and it was pretty cool for just a school dance. Our school only has one dance per year so it's kinda a big deal. I was wearing a pink dress with rhinestones on the top part. It poofs out at the bottom almost like a tutu kind of thing but it's not a tutu. I curled my hair and had put a laced pink bow in. I wore black heels, silver hoop earrings, a silver heart necklace, and I had done my makeup of course. When I got to the dance, I couldn't find any of my friends. The whole room was dark and only lit up by the flashing colored lights so it was hard to see. I finally found my friend Mallory who I have a few classes with. She knew Anthony and Jack and we all hung out at lunch sometimes. She had dirty blonde hair which was straightened and she had a black bow in the back. Her dress was a deep purple with black lace details and her heels were black as well. As we were talking I noticed Jack from the corner of my eye and I yelled for him to come over. Soon enough we were all laughing and talking. Then eventually we found Anthony and we all just felt like a really cool clique from one of those movies. Everyone was pretty dressed up, even the boys. Anthony and Jack were both wearing suits which to be honest I was shocked either of them even owned suits. All of the other guys were wearing the same sort of things and every girl was wearing a dress or some type of skirt.

As we were talking, I saw Jaidyn walking towards me but I didn't think anything of it. As she walked passed me with a full punch glass the glass just "ironically" slipped out of her hand and splattered all over my dress. I couldn't even believe what had just happened.
"Omg I am so sorry! I tripped!" She said to me, which that was obviously a lie. She just hated me because of Anthony and wanted to sabotage my perfect night. As she walked away she looked back and gave me an evil glance. Ugh!!!! Mallory, Jack, and Anthony just stood there. I looked down at my expensive,beautiful,pink dress that was now soaked with red punch. I quickly bolted away. Away from everyone and I ran out of the school crying. I could feel my mascara running down my face but what did it matter. I sat on a bench outside. I saw Mallory running out of the building. "Emily!" She yelled. She hugged me.
"That little bitch."
"I hate her so much!"
"I know you are upset but you need to come back onto the dance floor like nothing ever happened."
"You're right. I'm better than she is.
"I wiped my face of running makeup.
"But my dress is a mess." I said. "
"It's fine, it's almost dry anyway and once it drys it won't show up as much since your dress is already pink."
"Ok. Thanks Mal."
"No prob!" Then we walked back in and I felt better.

We returned to Anthony and Jack and continued talking. We were all having so much fun until the dj announced that there would be a slow dance coming up soon. Mallory really liked Jack and I knew she wanted to dance with him. We went over near the food table to get away from the boys.
"You need to dance with him!" I said to her.
She grabbed a cupcake from the food table.
"I want to but he won't want to."
"You don't know that! He probably likes you!"
"No he doesn't!"
"Okk whatever you say." I grinned at her.
"He does not, Emily!"

We went back over to see Jack and Anthony talking.

"Ok everyone! The next song or two will be perfect for a slow dance with someone special. Also remember to vote for our nominations for this year's dance king and queen!" The dj announced.
I saw Anthony slightly push Jack closer to Mallory. I smiled and pushed her closer to him.
"Stop!" She whisper-yelled.
"Just doing my job." I said.
I walked away from them, still watching. And then I guess he asked her to dance because next moment I looked they were dancing together. I was literally screaming in my head because I shipped it so much and it was clear they liked eachother anyways.

But I was so caught up in getting Mallory a guy to dance with, I realized I was just standing there blankly with no one while almost everyone else was huddled with their guy or girl.

I walked towards Anthony who was also alone. "Wanna dance, girl?" He said.
"Haha sure." It wasn't weird though, he was my best friend. I was comfortable with him.
The song "Iris" by The GooGoo Dolls was playing. He had his hands on my waist and my arms were around his neck. "Sorry you had a hard night." He said.
"It's alright." I rested my head on his shoulder. It felt like it wasn't real life. But before I knew it the song was almost over. At the ending music me and Anthony's eyes met and then... we leaned in and... we.. kissed.. I don't really know what happened. It was all surreal and I was so caught up in the moment I didn't realize what I was doing. His lips were soft and gentle. That was my first kiss. Besides a few fake kisses in preschool that were just pecks or were on accident. I'm pretty sure that was like his second kiss but it didn't really matter. Before either of us had time to say anything they started announcing stuff.

"And now for the king and queen... The votes were by all of you and we picked randomly. But the more votes people put in of you the likelier the chance of you getting chosen is. So without further a due, the king is.... Anthony Quintal!" "Omg!" I said before pushing Anthony forward.
Everyone was clapping and cheering. He walked up and stood on the stage where the dj and some teachers were. I was so happy for him! The dj placed a king like crown on his head and congratulated him.
"And now for the dance queen....Jordyn Sparks!" The dj announced.
Omg. I was so mad words could not describe it. Out of everyone...it had to be HER! Then a teacher whispered something to the dj.
"Um it looks like we have made an error... I'm sorry Jaidyn but you were disqualified from the drawing and the real queen is... Emily Kuschner!"
WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED.?! I was in shock. I walked up onto the stage not convinced that that had actually happened. The dj shook my hand and so did the teachers and staff that ran the dance. They put a plastic queen crown on my head. I looked down at the crowd of people clapping and yelling. So many of them would have done anything to be in my place at that moment. I hugged Anthony and they put the microphone up to me to do a little speach. I was really nervous because I don't like public speaking but I managed to say
"Um thankyou so much if you voted for me.. And this feels completely unreal and I just... Thankyou so much!"

After all of that when me and Anthony were walking off stage I said "I wonder why Jaidyn got disqualified."
"Oh well maybe someone just told the teachers that she was bugging that person's friend." He said.
"You did not!"
"Mmhmm"
"You disqualified her just because she spilled her punch on me?"
"Maybe."
"You're the best Anthony!"
"I know!" I jokingly punched his arm.

All in one night I kissed my best friend, danced with him, and won dance queen. I was so happy but I felt so wrong.

-HAI MY LOVELY KEWL KATZ!! I hope you liked this chapter... Super long to make up for the last short chapters :) If you are reading this rn yeah you! I love you! <3 stay kewl :P -