Chapter 2: Neighbors

I continued my day wondering about that girl Emily. I ended up having 3 classes with her;P.E, Math, and Biology.
P.E class has to be one of the worst of them all because i'm probably the least sportiest person in the whole school. But it turns out that Emily hates it too and she claims that she sucks at sports.

In biology class she had to sit next to Kelsey Matthews the head bitch. Kelsey is annoying as fuck but she's pretty and has a nice body so basically that makes her somewhat popular. But really people are just scared of her. So Emily had to suffer the whole class but the funny thing is, Kelsey seemed to like Emily and she started gossiping to her about other girls in the class. I guess Emily really was just a likeable person.

At the end of the day I was at my locker packing up my stuff when she came up to me again.
"Hey" I said.
"Hey uh do you take the bus home?" She asked.
"Yeah, why?"
"I don't really know where to go to get to the buses."
"What bus?"
"Bus 23." She said.
Well that's ironic. "Oh that's the same bus I take. I can show you where it is."I said.
"Ok thanks so much" She said.
"No problem." I said back.

So I grabbed the shit from my locker and walked her out to the bus. At our school the buses lined up in rows in the front road. The teachers didn't really watch us out there so we could all just get run over and they really wouldn't know. That says a lot about my school.

We got on the bus and as usual it was completely packed. There seems to be way too many kids on my bus and it sucks because sometimes i'm forced to sit with some weirdo I barely know. But luckily I did find a seat that day. Emily gave me a questioning look that I assumed was asking if she could sit with me. I nodded just because there were no other seats and what can I say, I was trying to be nice. But to be honest I did really want to be friends with her. We talked the whole bus ride and it turns out she get's off the bus at my stop. She lives a little down the street but since the bus turns the opposite way after my stop, they just were gonna drop her off with me and have her walk. My stop is one of the last ones on my bus route so we had a while to just talk.

Just before it was time to get off, she asked me something that really surprised me.
"Can I have maybe get your number?" She asked.
"Uh, sure."
I said. I took out a sticky note from my backpack and wrote down my number. Then she wrote her's and gave it to me. And right as I gave it to her it was our stop so we had to get off. As she walked the other direction to her house she looked back and said
"Bye!"
At first I didn't think she was talking to me but then I realized she was and quickly replied with a "Bye."
I thought I might actually have a friend, but I wasn't sure.
I walked into my house as slowly as I could. Like I said, I would rather be at school any day than be at home.
I walked in ran up stairs to my room as quietly as I could.
"Anthony!" Yelled my dad from the other room. It literally hurts me to have to call him my dad because I wish he wasn't more than anything. It sounds bad, but it's true.
"What?" I yelled back nervously.
"Did you do the dishes?!" He yelled.
I hate this, he never ever told me I was supposed to do the dishes! He just expects it to happen.
"Uh... No I just got home from school..!" I said.
"Get in here!!!" He yelled.
Oh no. Here it comes. I would rather do anything than walk into that room. But if I didn't, I knew it would be even worse.
And I walked in, and suffered. He hit me, several times. And yelled. And he pushed me. And then tried to choke me.

And that's why I don't like being at home.