Chapter 39: Falling

-Anthony's POV-

I got home sooner than I wanted to and it had even stopped raining. I walked into my house where my mom, Julian, and Giovanni were all on the couch. I felt like one of those drug addicts walking into the room about to have an intervention.
"So how's Emily?" My mom asked.
I went over and sat on a chair across from the couch.
"She's okay."
There was a brief silence.
"Anthony you'd tell me if anyone ever hurt you, right?"
I slowly nodded my head and then gave Giovanni the look like "don't say anything and try to go along with this".
"Is what Emily said to me true or not?"
I didn't really know what to say or do.
"Mom, I hope you realize he's not gonna tell you. But it is true.." Giovanni said.
"Your dad abuses you?" My mom said, stunned.
"No. At least not Julian and I."
"Yeah." I mumbled. I didn't look at them. My mom got up and went over to me. She gave me a hug but I didn't hug her back, I just sat there dazed.
"So what are you gonna do?" I asked.
"Um I don't know. I should really call the cops."
"But I don't want Dad to to to jail!" Julian said.
"Don't put him in jail, Mom. He's not always like that, he's a good person most of the time." I said.
"Alright, well I guess we're getting a divorce. But I don't want you guys seeing him, I already knew he could get violent."
"So... we're not gonna be able to see Dad?" Said Giovanni.
"No. I don't want anything like that going on with any of my kids."
"Well can I live with Dad?"
"Giovanni, no! Do you not get that he's a very bad person?"
"It's only Anthony though! Dad loves me and would never hurt me! It's not fair!"
"Let me remind you belong to this family and so does Anthony. This is for all of our safety!"
"It's always about Anthony! No one seems to care that my family is just getting ripped apart, but as long as Anthony's ok you're happy!" He said and went upstairs to his room.
"Giovanni!" She yelled.
No answer.
"Anthony i'm so sorry but I wish you would have told me sooner." She said to me.
"Easier said than done. I'm gonna go do my homework though. I have a lot."
But I actually just needed to talk to my brother.
"Giovanni?!" I knocked on his door.
"Wait!" He yelled as I opened the door.
A fresh cut was on his wrist and he was holding a razorblade.
"Give me it." I said grabbing his hand and taking it.
He was crying, I think that was one of the only times i've seen him cry.
"You need to stop doing this to yourself."
"I don't care. I don't care about anything anymore."
"Listen, i'm sorry that you're not gonna see Dad anymore and everything but your the one that told Mom."
"I know. But you weren't gonna tell her so I guess I needed to. One of these days you could end up dead because of him."
"That's not such a bad thing. And maybe you can talk Mom into letting you and Jules see him on like the weekends or something."
"Shutup, I don't want you to die. But could you try talking to her about that?"
"Yeah maybe."
"Ok"

Later that day I decided to text Jack to let him know what was happening. He called me and we talked for a few hours about things but talking to him after so long made me realize something. I had told Emily that I liked Jack but I think that was just in the past. But I was falling for someone else.