Chapter 25: Broken

-Emily's POV-

The days went by and it was finally the day Anthony was coming back to school. I hadn't talked to him since the argument and I felt bad for what I said but I never told him that. But when I walked to the bus stop that morning, he wasn't there. He didn't show up at school. Maybe he thought he was supposed to come the next day? I didn't really know, but when I got home from school I texted him. He didn't reply... He was probably ignoring me. I knew I had to talk to him though. I decided to go to his house. I knocked on the door and it opended, his mom standing there.
"Uh hi. Is Anthony home?"
"Who are you?"
"I'm Emily. He's my best friend. So is he home or?"
"Uh..no."
"Oh ok. Well can you tell him to call me when he get's home please?"
"Um I don't think you understand."
"What?" She sighed.
"Anthony is in the hospital."
. . .

"What?! What happened?!" But I think I knew what happened.. His dad.
"Listen, I don't even know who you are. It's really none of your buisness."
"Is he ok?"
"..Well we aren't really sure um we were about to go to the hospital now because we need to speak to the doctors."
"Can I come? Please..I can't go by myself and I need to see him." I don't even know why I said that because I barely knew his mom. But I was desperate by that point.
"Are you really friends with my son?"
"Yes!"
"Ok well I didn't know if you were just a Lohanthony fan just saying that."
"No I promise. It must be hard having a famous son."
"Yeah well he's not really famous. But I guess I can take you honey."
"Thankyou so much!"
"David!? Let's leave now!" She yelled into the house.
"I'm a little busy." He said.
"Come on!" She yelled.
By my surprise he obeyed and walked over and we all went to the car. He glanced at me, I know he remembered me but he pretended not to. "Who the hell is she?" He said.
"Anthony's friend from school I guess."
His mom said. He gave me a nasty look. Ughhh.

When we arrived at the hospital, it was pretty weird considering I was with someone else's family. His mom started talking to a nurse. I couldn't hear what they were saying. Then his parents and the nurse started walking down the hall so I followed.
"Ok you guys can go see him for five minutes. Is that your daughter?" The nurse said pointing to me.
"No, i'm just his friend but I came here with them." I said.
"I'm sorry but for right now only family members of the patient are aloud to visit because- she cut her off.
"Well she's my niece."
"Oh she is?" Said the nurse.
"Yes. But they are also friends since they go to the same school." She lied.
"Oh ok well then go ahead in." The nurse said.
"Do you mind if we go in alone? We need to talk to him.. You can come in after." His mom said.
"Um ya sure." I said and sat down on a chair in the waiting room.
After a few minutes they walked out and his mom had tears in her eyes. But his dad just looked cold and stern as usual. I walked into the room. Lying in the dark hospital bed I saw Anthony. The room had such a cold vibe to it.
"Hi." I said.
"Oh. Hi." He said.
"I'm sorry for what I said the other day." I said.
"It doesn't matter anymore."
"Ok.Well i'm guessing you're here because your dad hurt you or something."
"no.."
"Oh.What happened then?"
He didn't answer. Why won't anybody tell me what happened?! The nurse walked in.
"It's been five minutes." ugggghh.
"Okay..bye lil Tony." I whispered and walked out of the room.
"Don't you live a few houses down from us?" His mom asked me back in the waiting room.
"Yeah."
"Ok, then i'm just going to drive you with us to our house and if you don't mind you can just walk to your house." "Ok that's fine thanks."
And so we left and started to drive away.
"What happened, what's wrong with him and why won't you tell me?!" I finally said.
They didn't say anything for a minute.
"Anthony um.. He attempted to commit suicide." I think my heart stopped beating.
"What?" I said quietly. "Is he going to be ok?" I said again.
"Probably."
"What do you mean "probably" ?"
"He tried to overdose on pills. The doctors still aren't really sure how it will affect him."
"Oh.."
My eyes filled with tears. Why would he want to take his life..? I wanted to go back to the hospital. I needed to see him again. I never imagined that that was the reason he was in the hospital. I didn't talk the rest of the car ride. I didn't want to ever talk again. I got out of the car when we go there and walked to my house.
"Emily, where in the hell were you?!" My aunt said when I walked in the front door.
I didn't respond and I just walked upstairs and slammed the door shut. My head was spinning. I felt dizzy. The thought of if Anthony had actually died was too overwhelming. I needed him so much. He was my everything. I had been so mean. Regrets. I would take back what I said. I just wish I could help him through all of his problems. But life doesn't work that way, it's much more difficult. But thinking about all of that made me want to try to kill myself. Maybe i'd be better off dead anyways.

-HEY GUYS SO YA I UPDATE ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY NIGHT USUALLY EVERY WEEK SO ITS KINDA A LOT COMPARED TO SOME PEOPLE I PROBABLY PUT UP TOO MUCH SOMETIMES LOLOL. I HOPE YOU ARE LIKING THIS STORY SO FAR THERE IS STILL MUCH MORE TO COME I HAVE THINGS PLANNED TEEHEE. OK BYE NOW ILY KEWL KATZ -