Chapter 3: Guardian Angel

So that night I guess I got kind of depressed. I figured that Emily only was talking to me because she didn't know anyone else at our school. I knew that after she made some other friends she would leave me and never talk to me again. That's what all of the rest did. I used to have a bunch of friends at school. I was really popular, mostly because of my youtube videos. But in middle school I tested some things out and I ended up dating someone... but it was a guy. And I guess all of my friends thought it was weird and after that they just pretended they had never known me.

But anyways that night I realized that I had no one in life. No family and no friends. I did have my best friend Jack but he was always on vacations with his family enjoying his life...probably not thinking about me. He was the only person in the whole world that knew about what my dad did to me. And it was going to stay that way.

I suffered from anxiety, stress, and depression. And loneliness if you want to count that.

That night I grabbed a razorblade and was about to do what I usually do when I think about how much my life sucks.

I was going to take it out on my body. I had a bunch of scars on my wrists and arms but I cover it with this concealer stuff I stole from my sister.

So right as I was about to cut myself a noise went off.

It was my phone.. I reached across my bed and picked it up.

Who would ever text me?! I figured it was just Jack telling me how nice his life is.

But it wasn't Jack.It was Emily.
I had completely forgot that I gave her my number earlier!

The text was a simple "Hi" but it wasn't as simple as it seemed.

It was kind of ironic how just as I was about to self harm she texted me. And she stopped me.

I might have sounded crazy but I thought how maybe she was my guardian angel...
But then I thought how stupid it sounded and how things like that didn't exist.

I honestly don't know.

The next morning I was so sore from the night before. When I first woke up I wasn't sure if I could get up. But I had to suck it up and go to school and act like nothing was wrong. The good thing was that my dad was going to work that day so I wouldn't have to deal with that when I got home.

On the bus, Emily was in front of me so she got a seat first. I decided I was gonna sit next to her again.

"Why didn't you answer my text last night?" She asked.

Oh no. I just met her yesterday and she's already asking questions. "I didn't get it." I said.

"Oh, that's weird because it said you read it." She said.

Ugh. I didn't know what to say because she knew I was lying already.
"That's weird because I didn't even get it." I said and changed the subject.

All day at school we talked and during lunch we sat together. On the bus we sat next to each other again but this time someone said something.. "Oh look! The little gay loser is hanging out with the slutty new girl! How cute!" Said Jaidyn Sparks who by the way is Kelsey Matthews best friend.
I wanted to stick up for Emily and I more than anything but I just couldn't get myself to do it. I guess I am a wimp like my dad tells me.

"Since when am I a slut?!" Said Emily.

"Well i'm not a nerdy little shut-in like you so I actually talk to people and people are saying you date whoever you can get your hands on." Said Jaidyn.

"Oh shut the f**k up and leave me and my friend alone. That's not even close to being true and we both know you just made that up on the spot." She said. And there it was. That word. The "friend" word and she just used it to describe me. It sounds corny but I was so happy at that moment.

Jaidyn just turned back around and started talking to Kelsey about us. I didn't care though, I was used to it.

"My god, what's wrong with them?" Emily said.
"Just ignore them."
"I would usually just ignore people like that but i'm kind of just sick of it and if they can talk to me like that, I can talk back the same way. And that's the part they don't like. They don't want other people to have any power because they think they deserve it." She said.
"Iv'e never heard anything more true." I said.
She smiled and I did too.

It felt nice to smile and mean it. Not just smile to make people think I was ok when I was broken inside.But to generally feel happy that someone cared.