Chapter 8: The Breakup

-Anthony's POV-
The next day I went to school. I made a game-plan with Emily on the bus on how to breakup with Jack for her. I ended up just doing it when I first saw him which was at his locker in the morning.
"Hey, Jack." I said
"Heyy where were you yesterday?"
"I was sick so I stayed home. But uh, I have to tell you something."
He looked a little concerned.
"What is it?"
"Uh... Look i'm really sorry but.. Emily wants to breakup with you. She didn't want to see you hurt so she asked if I could just break it to you."
He looked shocked. "Wait what??"
"She said she doesn't want to be in a relationship right now and it has nothing to do with you."
"Oh.Ok.."
"Sorry."
"I gotta get to class." That was clearly the fakest excuse in the world since Jack and I are late to class nearly every day.

But I wasn't gonna say anything, and to be honest I was happy the conversation ended at that. It was awkward to have to tell him and I wasn't sure if he believed me at first..but at least I did tell him.

The rest of the day was pretty weird but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Jack didn't seem too heart broken but he stayed quiet when Emily was around. I was scared that lunch would be extremely awkward because I had been sitting with Emily and Jack but I knew they weren't going to be doing much talking. So I was basically stuck in the middle. But that didn't even happen because Jack ended up sitting with this a table full of the popular athletic guys. I'm not really sure how that happened because Jack isn't even close to being athletic, but I guess he is kind of popular. Me and Emily ended up sitting together without him and I told her about how it went telling Jack. She said she felt bad but I told her he wasn't that upset he just seemed surprised and confused.

Jack and Emily seemed to be avoiding each other but the problem was, I was friends with both of them so it was really hard. But it turned out with me and Emily hanging out the rest of the school day and Jack avoided us both. There wasn't really anything I could do but I knew I had to get them to be friends again.

(I will update again soon guys! Another shorter chapter.. But the next will be longer :) )